Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner not showing charging stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Trip Planner used to show the whole route, including the necessary charging stops. It still shows the whole route but no charging stops, only a RED warning that charging is needed.
When I use the tesla.com "go anywhere" online planner, IT does show the whole route and the necessary stops. I can do a work-around but why the change?
Or is it me?

My Trip Planner used to show the whole route, including the necessary charging stops. It still shows the whole route but no charging stops, only a RED warning that charging is needed.
When I use the tesla.com "go anywhere" online planner, IT does show the whole route and the necessary stops. I can do a work-around but why the change?
Or is it me?
Check under Controls > Navigation and see if Trip Planner is enabled.

Upvote 0
Or is it me?
Hmmm... what software update are you currently running. I just received a Navigation software update a few minutes ago (2023.20.9). It says that it fixed minor bugs. I haven't seen the bug to which you're referring, but I have an older Model S (2014, 60 kwh battery), with MCU2.

Upvote 0
I have 2023.20.7.
I rebooted twice and now the nav does show a supercharger stop but does not give me any optional routes. It shows the final destination but no detail from the charging stop to that destination. I already know the route I need to go, which I have done before, so I know it's good.
It gives me ONE route which, interestingly, varies when I end trip and do it again.
This is not something I need, it's just weird.

Upvote 0
I have 2023.20.7.
I rebooted twice and now the nav does show a supercharger stop but does not give me any optional routes. It shows the final destination but no detail from the charging stop to that destination. I already know the route I need to go, which I have done before, so I know it's good.
It gives me ONE route which, interestingly, varies when I end trip and do it again.
This is not something I need, it's just weird.
Interesting. Are you using the Tesla app, or your car's navigation to create the destination?

Upvote 0
I just thought of a possible thing that could be filtering out super chargers. When you click on the "lightning bolt" icon in your MCUs navigation menu, by selecting 1 bolt, 2 bolts or 3 bolts, I noticed we can filter out the slower chargers (150 kw) and only show fast chargers (250 kw). Do you think that might be the case?

Upvote 0
Or is it me?
Under "Controls", check Navigation that Trip Planner is 'ON'.

Upvote 0