Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• TSLARP.JPG
    TSLARP.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
The better one is the one that doesn’t leave you on the side of the road.

I don’t use Tesla’s site because it doesn’t have (or didn’t as I haven’t checked in awhile) the SR+. ABRP is pretty close to what I’ve gotten in real life. And it has an option for arriving with at least % which is nice.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Yes if you want ABRP to use “live” info from your car which I believe is the SoC (state of charge aka battery %) and location/elevation, outside temp... you can do that. It may pull more but obviously not your bank account or social security number.

Or if you know it’s a long trip and are you’re going to leave the house with 99-100% charge then just type that into the field on the website. They definitely need to hire some proper website designers though as their site is atrocious to use. I’ve sent them some cash because it is a useful tool but ugh it’s a pain sometimes.

Last edited:
So I will soon be a MY owner! Got my VIN this week...827XX. No delivery scheduled, yet, but of course I have been exploring the forums and trip planners. My question for this thread is, do you run ABRP through the onboard browser or your phone?

Yes if you want ABRP to use “live” info from your car which I believe is the SoC (state of charge aka battery %) and location/elevation, outside temp... you can do that. It may pull more but obviously not your bank account or social security number.

Or if you know it’s a long trip and are you’re going to leave the house with 99-100% charge then just type that into the field on the website. They definitely need to hire some proper website designers though as their site is atrocious to use. I’ve sent them some cash because it is a useful tool but ugh it’s a pain sometimes.

Your reply perfectly mirrors my impressions of ABRP. I've used it to plan one coast-to-coast trip, and several smaller and multi-state trips. However, their interface is so clunky that I have some difficulty navigating it, and many times need to back completely out of the app to restart. It is an accurate tool, with nice features, so I continue to use it as I wait for it to improve.

Reactions: tstolze and Matsayz