Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planning - Compilation of Routes with Charging Stops

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it might be helpful to have a single thread devoted to trip plans. This would allow others looking to travel along similar routes one easy thread to review when trying to find charging options. With this in mind here is the list of my charging stops on the 2 long trips I have taken in my Model S.
I would ask that this thread be limited to people posting charging routes.

St. Louis to Denver

Overnight stop - Oak Grove KOA - Oak Grove, MO - (816) 690-6660 - $15.00 for 50 amp site, $54.00 for Cabin
Midday stop - Salina KOA - Salina, KS - (785) 827-3182 - $6.50
Overnight stop - Wakeeney Hays KOA - Wakeeney, KS - (785) 743-5612 - $38.00 for 50 amp site, slept in car
Midday stop - Shady Grove Campground - Siebert, KS - (970) 664-2218 - $10.00 for 50 amp site

Denver to St. Louis
Midday stop - Midday stop - Shady Grove Campground - Siebert, KS - (970) 664-2218 - $10.00 for 50 amp site
Overnight stop - Wakeeney Hays KOA - Wakeeney, KS - (785) 743-5612 - $38.00 for 50 amp site, slept in car
Midday stop - Mill Creek Campground - Paxico, KS - (785) 636-5321 - $7.50 for 50 amp site
Overnight stop - Oak Grove KOA - Oak Grove, MO - (816) 690-6660 - $15.00 for 50 amp site, $54.00 for Cabin

St. Louis to Norway, MI
Midday stop - Tesla Supercharger - Normal, Il - $1.00 for parking
Overnight stop - Rode way Inn and AAA J1772 across the street - Milwaukee, WI - $69.00 hotel room, $0.00 for charging.

Norway, MI to St. Louis via Stevens Point, WI
Overnight stop - Holiday Inn and Convention Center Stevens Point, WI - 715-344-0200 - $0.00 Call ahead so they can set up the 240v outlet outside for you
Morning stop - Hy-Vee Grocery Store, 3801 E Washington Ave, Madison Wisconsin 53714 - $0.00 (Not a lot to do though in the area)
Afternoon stop - Tesla Supercharger - Normal, Il - $0.00

These are the places where I charged in my recent trip around the Lake Michigan

Normal Supercharger

Tesla Showroom, Oakbrook

Two Rivers , WI - villageinnwi.com, this is a motel with a RV campground attached to it, call them ahead and they will give you a room and book a 50 amp RV site for you. Though initially they asked for a fee, eventually they did not.

Sturgeon Bay, WI - chal-amotel.com, This is a motel and they have 110V outlets

Harbour village resort, Egg Harbour, WI - This is a camp ground, 50 amps, we camped here for a night, they charged for an RV site, There are no cabins here, there are many campgrounds in this area with cabins, need to call ahead.

Munising Tourist park campground, Munising, MI - Munising Tourist Park Camp Ground | Just another WordPress site, camped here, 50 amp charging, they will charge for a RV site.

Tall Pines Motel: Home, we did not stay here because we wanted to camp but this is a motel with a campground attached to it. call ahead and you can get 50amp and a room.

Petoskey KOA, Petoskey MI - well maintained KOA with cabins and lodges too. we camped here. 50 amp charging, they charged 15$ per night for charging apart from the campsite charge.

Beech street rd, Muskegon - Chargepoint EVSE, free, city owned, on a beautiful beach, great sunset, there is curious crowd there. we spent few hrs to pick up miles to reach Holland

Holland, MI - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Holland, Chargepointe, Free to charge, I did a overnight charge here

Lighthouse premium outlets , MIchigan city, IN, 2$ per hour and charging rate is about 18 miles per hour. we did not really need a charge to get to our destination Oakbrook but since we were there for about 3hrs we charged any way.

Friends home 110 V for 2 days, I could have gone to Tesla showroom I Oak Brook if I was in a Hurry.

Normal supercharger

Home Southern Illinois.