Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip to BC on hold. (stranded)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I am still in Gillette Wyoming and am kinda stuck. I had to stay an extra day because the roads were closed because of snow. Went to unplug my car as I was charging on 120v and charging cable will not come out. Tried everything I could think of. Emergency pull cord, hair dryer for over an hour inside and out, heated the car up to 25c for about an hour and still would not come out. Closed the app and walked away for about half an hour to give it time to reset and still no go. Now have to book another night. Called Tesla and service will call us tomorrow as everyone off New Years day. We are way north so might take a day or 2 for them to get here. I will keep trying until they show up and will try anything you throw at me. Thank You Stranded Don.

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Thank you for posting so that we can learn whatever can be learned from your misfortune.

Does the charge port seem to unlock and then immediately lock again (with or without the emergency release)? If so, could you have a second person attempt to pull out the cable at the very second that the charge port unlocks?

Does the charge port seem to unlock and then immediately lock again (with or without the emergency release)?
I have seen that lock/unlock behavior. Very frustrating.
If I remember correctly this worked for me:
1. Constant depression of the plug release button
2. Steady (but not too much!) tension on the emergency release cable. When the cycling stopped I could pull the plug.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile
No I have not. Will go down and try that now. Thank you. Will let you know one way or the other.
Thank you a million times the soft reboot worked and we are back on the road tomorrow. Thanks to all that gave me some ideas of what might work. Really glad we have this forum to help us get through some interesting times. Don

Thank you a million times the soft reboot worked and we are back on the road tomorrow. Thanks to all that gave me some ideas of what might work. Really glad we have this forum to help us get through some interesting times. Don

Would not it be great if there was a person you could call that would be as knowledgeable as people on this forum, like say a 1-800 number. Too bad such thing does not exist...

Sarcasm aside, when I call 1-800 number I get a feeling that the person on the other end have never even driven Model 3. Why would they not have a database of common issues that phone support could use to help troubleshoot? Tesla would save millions on tow services, not counting other benefits.