Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble posting photos from iPhone 7P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using my iPhone, I tried just now to upload some photos of a Model 3 RC that I just took. The photos get about 97% uploaded and then I get an error that the photos are too large. Is there some other way to upload them?

Apologies in advance -- I'm sure this is a well-understood issue, but my Google-fu seems to be lacking.

One neat trick for future reference is to email the photo to yourself from your iPhone. After you select it, it will prompt what size you want to attach. Choose one in the middle. Then you can re-save that photo to your Camera Roll from the email, and then upload.

There are also apps out there that can resize/reduce photos.

Reactions: boaterva
Glad to hear some changes were made. :) Lots of people (using either Android and Apple) have been having to resize images manually when uploading. Most other sites I use do it automatically when uploading so hopefully the changes fixed the issue here.

FYI, we've had some server churn (new servers spool up when we have a load spike and then bleed off as the load subsides). So the fix I did was undone when a new server came up. Anyhow I need to update my server image, but I probably won't get a chance to do that till after Connect. So bug me about it again next week. :)