Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Cover Still Not Provided

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You got a VIP delivery; mine appeared in my driveway, and two hours later I got a link to accept and unlock it. Never saw a soul.
Wow thats crazy!! I just thought maybe because of covid they didnt sit in the car and go through things with me. This is my first Tesla and while I've done a lot of research I'm still finding myself asking google how to do simple things. My latest one is trying to get the XM app to sign in...

should I have received a small shelf to cover the left side cubby? They gave me the missing big cover but it looks like there should be one here. 22 MS LR.
4F783343-FC7B-4718-91E0-3B82AE3A8051.jpeg

It is a new part on a new car. Besides the supply chain issues, I imagine they are not making any extra trunk covers for spare parts at this time. Every part they receive is already allocated to production if this part is still in short supply. You can have mine, but it won't fit. That is the first thing I remove from all my cars. Mine is in the basement.
Which is EXACTLY why Tesla doesn't want to supply certain parts on all of its new cars. I feel that if you want it, buy it. If it had been included, betcha the price would have been higher a few dollars, to cover the cover, and it would have been wasted money for Tesla if you didn't use it.