TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trunk mounted bicycle rack

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hsglia, Jun 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hsglia

hsglia Member

Has anyone used a Yakima Trunk mounted bike rack on their model S? i do have one of thise that i used on myc Chevy Volt. any concens? I need to carry two bikes.

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

I do not know of any trunk rack that will work on a tesla, I can easily fit inside the car my road bike without removing the front wheel or 2 hybrids by removing the front wheels by putting the rear seats down. In addition I had a torklift hitch mounted for use with a hitch mounted rack.

3. paulkva

paulkva Member

Discussed here, with the disclaimer that it's not officially supported:
    bicycle transport
    (I posted some additional details later in that thread as well.)

I do prefer transporting my bike inside the trunk with the rear seats down, rather than on the rack, but sometimes that's not an option.