Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trunk organizers? which is best?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'll go with the EVannex one since it looks like a perfect fit for the sub trunk. Looks like a better fit than the RPM Tesla one I was eyeing. Thanks for the heads up.

~Paik

I emailed him about the fit tolerances in the sub trunk,
he was quite cautious about revealing how well his
organizer did or din't fit?

I guess when you have competition sell @ $11.67 shipped,
you get a lil shy pricing your similar product for 6 times the price!

let us know how it fits please?

This one fits in the frunk. Its height just barely clears the hood when closed, but it does fit. $14
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074G3VL42

This one fits in the sub-trunk. It's a little small, but that's because the bottom of the sub-trunk tapers in a little. I put some cloth on the velcro on the bottom so it didn't tear up the trunk liner. $10
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011871YXA

COOL! keep 'em coming!
I bought the ebay one above for rear sub trunk,
looks like your frunk model is the bee's knees's!

The sub-trunk tapers down to a smaller size at the base. I measured something around 21-22" wide by 12" deep as the largest area in the very bottom.

However, measuring the frunk I got something close to 25 x 15 so possibly some things if they're not too tall (7" should fit, maybe 8" - not sure how high you can go before you run into the hood) will fit there instead of the sub-trunk ...

edit: upon submitting post I see further posts appeared. Looks like 25x15x10 probably fits frunk based on ddm3's post...

Last edited:
Sorry, it doesn't seem to want to connect. The auction number is
Here is a shot of the item. It fits OK, but isn't very elegant. It can't decide whether it a portable bag or a Trunk Organizer :-(
trunk.JPG

I'm using this one in the frunk : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074G3VL42/

This one in the trunk : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011871YXA/

They both leave a little bit of room on the sides. Someone else had recommended them either here or maybe on M3OC, I don't remember. I've had these since pretty much day one.

The trunk one has enough room around it that I can just fit the charging cable pouch between it and the front of the sub-trunk. I currently have the front plate mount + front plate to the left of the organizer, too. When I need to fit something bigger they're both pretty easy to collapse and stow.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
What are you guys storing in the sub trunk? I'm a girl, so I don't know these things.
I'm a girl too, but don't quite know what that has to do with what's in your trunk. There's typical items that are kept in cars for emergencies regardless of gender. Now that I no longer drive an ICE vehicle I don't need things like jumper cables or oil anymore. But still need things like an air compressor, first aid kit, flashlight, washer fluid, etc. I also keep my mobile connector and adapters in there, as well as some cleaning supplies.

my sentiments exactly!
without an organizer, smaller objects
just seem to flop around!
I know right?! It took me a while to realize what that all those thumps I kept hearing when turning were LOL.

Together with the organizer I linked previously (see post 30) I keep the mobile connector case (and it's various items inside it) in the sub trunk, in addition to the organizer, and my front plate holder and front plate (I never installed them). These fit in front (mobile connector) and to the side (plate stuff) of the organizer, with room left for the organizer. When shopping, I put fragile / crushable stuff in the sub trunk organizer (and if there's room left, whatever else fits).

If I need to, the organizer easily folds up flat to fit something larger, though thus far I've only ever done that with stuff I put in the frunk, not the sub trunk...

Not sure if this will fit, I haven't tried it, but I picked up a trunk organizer from Harbor Freight for $12. When collapsed it's small and I keep in the sub trunk, then I'll expand it and put it in the trunk for groceries, takeout, etc. I have a bunch of stuff in the sub trunk that keep in there so haven't tried the organizer in there to see if it fits.
Trunk Organizer

@jennyfur, as far as what I keep in the sub trunk, you'll find the mobile charger, a tool kit (has a 12 gauge extension cord, tire plug kit, gloves, jack pads, tools, and headlamp), large first aid kit, external antenna, couple of random tools, and I'm sure there are some other things I don't remember in there as well.