Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Storage Bins Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla updated their store and switched the design of the bins to match the 2023 cars.

When I log in, the storage bins look like the correct shape now and when I select it, a message appears that says "This is compatible with your 2023 Model Y"

It shows both the half carpeted and full carpeted 5 seat versions are compatible with my MYLR 2023. This seems weird so I'm still confused which one to purchase. Did they make it universally compatible with all models?

It shows both the half carpeted and full carpeted 5 seat versions are compatible with my MYLR 2023. This seems weird so I'm still confused which one to purchase. Did they make it universally compatible with all models?
I think they switched the design to the 2023 pattern or at least they only show the 2023 pattern to people who own 2023 cars (what I expected way back in the beginning).

Seems Tesla still hasn't actually fixed this issue.

I have a 2023 Model Y, 5 seater, “full carpet” trunk. I ordered the “full carpet” storage bins, but the one on the passenger side still doesn’t fit correctly. The rubber bin part fits, but the lid does not.

The P/N on the box I received is 1897504-00-A, and it says it’s for "Model Y 5 Seat (Structural Pack)”. My Model Y doesn’t have a structural pack, as it’s a LR AWD built in Fremont.

On advice of my local Tesla sales guy, I ordered "half carpet" ones. They don't fit either, as others in this thread have mentioned. As it stands, I don't believe there are any bins that will bit a 2023 Model Y 5 seater with non-structural pack, but Tesla's shop suggests otherwise.

Model Y deliveries from Austin or Fremont after October 2022 are a little different from the right trunk bin, see the below photo.
Tesla Model Y side trunk storage German berlin.jpg

We have the option of the trunk bin for the Model Y delivery from Austin and Fremont.

Independence Day 25% off for all products!!!