Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to find what my Frunk size is

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't have my S85 rear wheel drive at the delivery service center yet and they tell me that the size of the front trunk changed right around the time of my manufacture, March 2015. So they need to wait until they actually lay eyes on it to confirm. But I want to order the frunk liner as soon as possible, so I thought I would ask here.

Could anyone that has a 2015 S85 RWD with a serial number lower than 80000 tell me if you have the larger front trunk? The one with the 'microwave' box between the front wheels? Thanks in advance.

I had an S85 RWD manufactured in April 2016. I can't give you measurements as I recently traded it for a new one. But I can say it was much larger than the frunk in the new Ss.

Too bad you don't live closer as I still have the rubber liner for the old S I don't need anymore and could just give it to you.

I had an S85 RWD manufactured in April 2016. I can't give you measurements as I recently traded it for a new one. But I can say it was much larger than the frunk in the new Ss.

Too bad you don't live closer as I still have the rubber liner for the old S I don't need anymore and could just give it to you.
Do you remember if it extended into the area between the front wheels? That would answer my question. That's too bad about your liner. Those WeatherTech mats such pronounced lips at the edges that it's next to impossible to roll up.

Do you remember if it extended into the area between the front wheels? That would answer my question. That's too bad about your liner. Those WeatherTech mats such pronounced lips at the edges that it's next to impossible to roll up.
Sorry. I don't remember. But there's got to be someone here on the forums that had an S with the large frunk that can get you dimensions.

I could measure and post the dimensions of the liner when I get home tonight if that helps.

If you don't mind, getting the dimensions of the liner would be great. It didn't occur to me, but that would give me the answer. Actually, you don't even need to measure it. Take a look at this image of the liner from the Tesla store. If yours has the same shape, then that's it. The newer front trunks have a totally different floor shape.
DSC0084_1024x1024.jpg

If you don't mind, getting the dimensions of the liner would be great. It didn't occur to me, but that would give me the answer. Actually, you don't even need to measure it. Take a look at this image of the liner from the Tesla store. If yours has the same shape, then that's it. The newer front trunks have a totally different floor shape.View attachment 213758

Yep. That's what I have. BTW, the net shown in my picture was mounted so as to keep stuff in the narrow part of the frunk from moving forward and vice versa.

Attachments

• 0frunk.JPG
    0frunk.JPG
    394.9 KB · Views: 45