Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to time my delivery - Sept/ Oct 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone Newbie here,

I ordered my MYLR 5 seater, midnight silver, 20" induction wheels and black interior on 5/2. I have had the worst time understanding the EDD. I was first told Mid June then it jumped to late June then early July. I called and spoke to an SA at Tesla and they said late July or Aug. my account never reflected that. About a week later my account said September I waited a day and checked again and it said 7/1-7/20 now today back to September. Frustrating. My fault but I sold my car before I couldn't sell my car so I hope I get something soon. Still no vin and no ready button and when I called they said everything on my end was complete. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi everyone Newbie here,

I ordered my MYLR 5 seater, midnight silver, 20" induction wheels and black interior on 5/2. I have had the worst time understanding the EDD. I was first told Mid June then it jumped to late June then early July. I called and spoke to an SA at Tesla and they said late July or Aug. my account never reflected that. About a week later my account said September I waited a day and checked again and it said 7/1-7/20 now today back to September. Frustrating. My fault but I sold my car before I couldn't sell my car so I hope I get something soon. Still no vin and no ready button and when I called they said everything on my end was complete. Anyone else experiencing this?
You are in the same boat as pretty much everyone who's responding in the much busier "Current Delivery Times" Thread

Mine has shifted around several times and is now expected in September. With that being said, for any September deliveries, would we possibly expect the 2022 model? I do believe Tesla refreshes the year model in September
I don't think that is the case. Especially for an end of quarter push. You probably won't get 2022 until at earliest the very end of the year

Pretty much the bottom line is that if you finalize your order now (like today in mid-June), you'll most likely be looking at around a September delivery date. However, that's not to say that your local delivery center or your SA may find a match for you sooner and offer it to you. You can always decline this, but it may or may not push your back further in the queue, and then you could be looking further past September or October.

Lately, Tesla has been doing things on their schedule and on their terms. If you don't like your delivery window, then they will not wait and move onto the next person in line and you will most likely get bumped to the back. This even happens if you have a really good reason for not being able to take delivery of the car early. Sure some people say their SA is able to keep their place in line or promise them their original EDD, but these days most SA's can't guarantee anything until they get the updates themselves direct from Tesla, and those updates are changing daily.

There seem to be some wrinkles in the automated work flow from order to delivery. 4 EDDs so far and just got a 5th this morning; 7/28 - 8/17. Curiously the new date arrived in an email that was titled, "Action Required: Complete your final payment." After accepting Tesla's trade-in offer, a week into the process, the cost of the new MY is covered; no payment due. Then there was an ominous note that I had to compete pre-delivery tasks to maintain my priority i.e., complete the final payment that is a negative amount. Sent the email over to my Tesla rep just to make sure the Tesla work flow is not waiting for me to complete an unnecessary task.

All in, a relatively smooth process.

So you want aim for an artificially small target. GL with that. Getting a loan won't hurt your credit score that badly BTW.
If this was any other auto manufacturer I wouldn't be here, instead just living life until I NEED a car and would walk into a showroom and buy one off the lot but there's virtually no inventory readily available of tesla's so here I am. I spent a year paying for a BMW to sit in my garage and now that it's gone I don't want to have another expensive car sit while I work from home, rather get it when I need it.

There seem to be some wrinkles in the automated work flow from order to delivery. 4 EDDs so far and just got a 5th this morning; 7/28 - 8/17. Curiously the new date arrived in an email that was titled, "Action Required: Complete your final payment." After accepting Tesla's trade-in offer, a week into the process, the cost of the new MY is covered; no payment due. Then there was an ominous note that I had to compete pre-delivery tasks to maintain my priority i.e., complete the final payment that is a negative amount. Sent the email over to my Tesla rep just to make sure the Tesla work flow is not waiting for me to complete an unnecessary task.

All in, a relatively smooth process.
I received an email this morning " Action Required: Complete your final payment" but no where to actually confirm anything when into my account portal... strange.

This. Roughly 85% of US deliveries occur on the last month of the quarter. So if you want September delivery, order anytime after July 1st. You can certainly order now but there's a small chance of having a car delivered by June 30th. If that were to happen simply tell your SA to put your order on hold. That car then goes to the next customer. Then wait until after July 1st and click "I'm ready" on your Tesla account page and you're back in the queue. Then you're likely to get a September delivery. Of course this can change given the current supply chain problem all automakers face.
Interesting. I ordered MYLR May 5th and estimated delivery shows September. Hoping to get the car before winter. :(

Interesting. I ordered MYLR May 5th and estimated delivery shows September. Hoping to get the car before winter. :(
Placed MYLR order May 30 with current EDD 7/27 - 8/16. September seems like a longer than usual lead time from what I'm experiencing and reading. Wonder if you could learn something more positive from a local SC?
Hoping you get good news soon TitoVega!