Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why isn't ordering online the latest models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I did the online ordering for a model Y It put me in the queue for sept -Oct delivery Which I was ok with.
However in the app it says there is one available now, so I said yes.
It then tells me the ultrasonic sensors will not be included and instead replaced with Tesla Vision
Quickly reading the Tesla's vision is newer. I am a bit concerned as I thought ordering online I was getting the latest model. Is there anything else I should look out for, I'm looking to purchase now. I got a VIN how do I determine the man date?

Today I did the online ordering for a model Y It put me in the queue for sept -Oct delivery Which I was ok with.
However in the app it says there is one available now, so I said yes.
It then tells me the ultrasonic sensors will not be included and instead replaced with Tesla Vision
Quickly reading the Tesla's vision is newer. I am a bit concerned as I thought ordering online I was getting the latest model. Is there anything else I should look out for, I'm looking to purchase now. I got a VIN how do I determine the man date?
The latest models do not have USS.

That was my point, i ordered online and then switch the order for one that was ready sooner, when switching it indicated that the USS will be removed and Vision will take its place, So i take it the website just is not updated.
If i never switched it I wonder if they would have just sold me an older model

That was my point, i ordered online and then switch the order for one that was ready sooner, when switching it indicated that the USS will be removed and Vision will take its place, So i take it the website just is not updated.
If i never switched it I wonder if they would have just sold me an older model
No, I think that warning always comes up when they assign the VIN. You should be fine.
There used to be a guy on Reddit who provided detailed onfo based on VIN numbers, not sure if he still does it. Try googling.

I may be off the topic a bit, but as a Moderator, do you know when the Highland Model 3 will be available?
I have no idea. I have said this before, but this site is not affiliated with Tesla in any official way, and almost every moderator here is a site volunteer, so we dont have any links to get that type of information.

Even if it was something I did know (I dont), If that were the case, I certainly would not be authorized to release such information.

I have no idea. I have said this before, but this site is not affiliated with Tesla in any official way, and almost every moderator here is a site volunteer, so we dont have any links to get that type of information.

Even if it was something I did know (I dont), If that were the case, I certainly would not be authorized to release such information.
ok, I get that...just an offhand question. Just watched the Out of Spec review...the new Model 3 is so nice!!!

No new model 3 or Y vehicles have Ultrasonic sensors, so I am not sure what you mean by "the latest". One in stock now, vs one you have to wait for, for model Ys they are going to be the exact same thing, with no USS.
I initially ordered the car online yesterday, then I went back to the app later that same day and it says do you want it sooner as there is one similar and available.
I selected yes, and picked the other vehicle (Model Y). A popup appeared stating the USS are going to be removed and replaced with the newer Vision. So I was confused on why the pop-up appeared. My Initial thought was that it was an early model 2023 and they switched soon after to the Vision.
Definitely confusing, If all 2023 Y models have the vision why did the message appear?
I did call them today to get clarification, the rep on the phone was familiar with the difference however was not confident to give me specifics

I initially ordered the car online yesterday, then I went back to the app later that same day and it says do you want it sooner as there is one similar and available.
I selected yes, and picked the other vehicle (Model Y). A popup appeared stating the USS are going to be removed and replaced with the newer Vision. So I was confused on why the pop-up appeared. My Initial thought was that it was an early model 2023 and they switched soon after to the Vision.
Definitely confusing, If all 2023 Y models have the vision why did the message appear?
I did call them today to get clarification, the rep on the phone was familiar with the difference however was not confident to give me specifics
I went to the inventory page with the idea to look for the pop up message you got about removing USS. Can't without paying. I am curious, you say "removed" which tells me the car has them and they will take USS off the car. If you have an account and the Tesla app, ask them your question. Then show us a screen capture of the conversation. Just go to service, pick something then ask your question.

They all have that pop up now because they removed USS from all 2023 and up models. If you had waited for a car instead of taking an inventory car, it would have said the same thing.

Reactions: MacO512 and flixden