Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2019 forecast: TSLA trades between the 600$ - 400$ band?

A thread just for you: Super Bulls Only

Having made my first ever foray in the stock market with TSLA some 17 months ago, the one thing I've learned while holding is: We could be anywhere in 2019, even $300 again. Hoping not, but don't count your chickens. Anything can happen.

I must report stormy weather in Italy with deaths. We have problems with wind in flooding in Slovenia too.
I have listening the Slovenian forest report with a 150 years of record.
Sizes of broken trees are exceptional in last years and it is measured by 5-10x with previous spikes.
Flooding is also on record height with higher frequency of occurrence. :(

Venice flooded by high tide – in pictures

We are not talking If there is environmental impact but how big it is going to be!

I think it will be interesting to see how TSLA does when there is a really strong sustained bounce. My guess is that it will do well but not nearly as well as the stocks that are way down right now. There is a tendency to think that if it does this well with the market tanking, it is so strong that it will absolutely crush it when the market starts heading back up. TSLA doesn't typically do that, as the trading money heads to other opportunities, as you mentioned. I think this is a possibility for everyone to keep in mind and not be disappointed if TSLA doesn't keep up with AMZN, NFLX, etc... when they go into rocket mode at some point. TSLA will be heading beyond ATH before long though. Whether it is sooner or a little later, nobody knows.

Maybe for traders, yes, these other stocks could reverse pretty quickly, same as $TSLA did over the last week, with the exception that they don't have the catalyst of any good news, whereas Tesla has potentially plenty to come.

I also wonder if they didn't grow too aggressively over the last year - markets were on one hell of a run and a lot of stock went up too fast IMO, without underlying fundamentals to support that.

And finally, I don't see any of these other stocks with a potential 10-20x upside. At best, Amazon and Apple may double to $2 trillion, can't see them going higher, maybe Amazon, but not Apple, not without a new product that they're not already addressing.

2019 forecast: TSLA trades between the 600$ - 400$ band?

I call that likely and justified by fundamentals.

Yesterdays market behavior gave us deep insight that the shareholders sentiment right now is a pretty solid group that believe in a sustainable up move and the shorts despite a very negative market segment did not manage to bring the SP down. We have not seen that before. In fact it was easy for shorts to bring it down before, even on good news.

Its rare that while an entire segment goes down drastically one stock goes up with high volatility on no news.

It looks like all weak longs have left and the shorts activities has been absorbed by either existing or new longs or by short covering.

As correctly stated by Munster the SP should already be above $400 now but too much food has been given to shorts to manipulate it in the last months. With that (hopefully!) drying up and undeniable fundamental strength its very hard to image a scenario where the SP is below $400 in 2019.

A usual attitude of a controversial stock is high swings to both sides with strong exaggerations. We have seen many strong swings to the downside and the time that overoptimism is breaking ground may be next year. Thats not necessarily good either but a normal and healthy development.

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that on this forum.

Well the misconception of "weak longs" is that its always and only a snapshot at that time. Sentiment can shift quickly and long bulls turn into weak ones. Still I sense we have reached some sort of solid ground for the moment but you are right we never know...

Btw Morningstar increased rating from 179$ to 222$. I know, I know...
I'm trying to look positive...it is 24% increase! :)

Now the worst rating is Barclays with 210$ as nothing happened.
Do they have any analyst? Do they work?
Their customers should be very worried!

Don't forget Chanos predicting Tesla is worth $0.

Well he may got confused with his position..... ;)

If Analysts could analyze they would not be Analysts.

Btw Morningstar increased rating from 179$ to 222$. I know, I know...
I'm trying to look positive...it is 24% increase! :)

Now the worst rating is Barclays with 210$ as nothing happened.
Do they have any analyst? Do they work?
Their customers should be very worried!
Not followed it closely but I understand Barclay's are lucky to have kept their banking licence after the money from the desert debacle, Care needed when dealing with the "sons of the desert". :oops:

I'm trying to organize my thoughts about my Model S P100D test drive today.

The car lived up to every expectation I've ever formed about it and exceeded in some areas (the situational awareness it provides and the the detailed to-the-inch info about nearby obstacles, HD cameras, AUTOPILOT WTF). The sense of total, yet cooly understated power and agility. It's one thing to know on paper that a car is the best in the world, but to actually drive the damn thing and FEEL that it's the best in the world physically. It was seriously too damn cool. I purposely put the car through its paces and was proud of myself for getting it to lose some traction on some twisty high speed turns.

17 speakers... good sound... NO engine sound... the way the car pitches back slightly but makes NO noise as you floor the pedal.

I really, really, really, love driving that car. In many ways it was like my first time having sex and I'm not trying to be melodramatic or whatever. It lived up to every expectation I had about how good it would be and then some. It was over a little too soon. I'm addicted. Everyone who is saving up for a gas car is making a major, maybe dire mistake.

I'm sort of in awe. I was on a high for hours afterward. Elon is not ****ing around. He started hiring SpecOps and SWAT members for security of his facilities for a reason. This stock is going to double, and probably quadruple or better within a few months. It is the ONLY relevant car company and I mean that very seriously. I'm very glad he runs SpaceX or I'm quite sure he would have been assassinated or otherwise severely compromised by now. I'm serious, Tesla is just ridiculously amazing and drastically undervalued. I do really think critical mass of sentiment and $$$ is about here now.

Edit: this really isn't market action so def move if you like

When are we going to hear more about energy storage, I though that was ramping in q3-4. There should be something coming up soon. I think this is a huge deal and one of the reasons I am long tesla. Thier cars are game changers. Now I want to see the utility grid rebuilt and distributed to allow energy independence. And lots of dollars for shareholders....

I'm trying to organize my thoughts about my Model S P100D test drive today.

The car lived up to every expectation I've ever formed about it and exceeded in some areas (the situational awareness it provides and the the detailed to-the-inch info about nearby obstacles, HD cameras, AUTOPILOT WTF). The sense of total, yet cooly understated power and agility. It's one thing to know on paper that a car is the best in the world, but to actually drive the damn thing and FEEL that it's the best in the world physically. It was seriously too damn cool. I purposely put the car through its paces and was proud of myself for getting it to lose some traction on some twisty high speed turns.

17 speakers... good sound... NO engine sound... the way the car pitches back slightly but makes NO noise as you floor the pedal.

I really, really, really, love driving that car. In many ways it was like my first time having sex and I'm not trying to be melodramatic or whatever. It lived up to every expectation I had about how good it would be and then some. It was over a little too soon. I'm addicted. Everyone who is saving up for a gas car is making a major, maybe dire mistake.

I'm sort of in awe. I was on a high for hours afterward. Elon is not ****ing around. He started hiring SpecOps and SWAT members for security of his facilities for a reason. This stock is going to double, and probably quadruple or better within a few months. It is the ONLY relevant car company and I mean that very seriously. I'm very glad he runs SpaceX or I'm quite sure he would have been assassinated or otherwise severely compromised by now. I'm serious, Tesla is just ridiculously amazing and drastically undervalued. I do really think critical mass of sentiment and $$$ is about here now.

Edit: this really isn't market action so def move if you like
Was this your first Tesla experience?

A thread just for you: Super Bulls Only
Nah, seems more like a thread for the $1000-$3000 crowd. $400-$600 is bullish, but not superbullish.

Having made my first ever foray in the stock market with TSLA some 17 months ago, the one thing I've learned while holding is: We could be anywhere in 2019, even $300 again. Hoping not, but don't count your chickens. Anything can happen.
I agree anything can happen. Not just with Tesla, but with every company. Any company can go bankrupt in 2019.

All an investor can do is base investment decisions on reasonable expecations for the future, to the best of ones abilities.

If Analysts could analyze they would not be Analysts.

The real problem is a several levels higher from Analysts. For Analyst you need a PC, Spreadsheet and some knowledge of math according to:
Awakened Tesla Short Seller (+ 4 CleanTechnica Charts) Cost Tesla Short Sellers $1.11 Billion | CleanTechnica

Doesn't sound so difficult. :)
Then boss walks in and tells you what to write down. This is next level of knowledge where you know to identify where your income is coming from. The problem with this level is that they sacrifices credibility for short term income as prostitutes.
To outline an area for possible upgrades, innovations, disturbances.... ;)

Wait can anyone give me a link backing up my own claim about Tesla hiring SpecOps/SWAT security? I swear I read it here in this forum yesterday but Google isn't giving me any results and now I'm wondering where I got that from

Tait Reimers on LinkedIn: "ATTN: SOF, SWAT or otherwise MIL/LEO Tactical Operators Strategic Employment Opportunity: If you have the ability to travel to the Bay Area or Reno within a 12-24hr response for a period of 3-5 days (estimated 1-4x per year), please connect with me at [email][email protected][/email] or DM for details. All expenses and training are included."

tmp3-jpg.347892

Status
Not open for further replies.