Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon makes them all look like the fools they are [Madison Av; Wall St.; money the only value they can see]
- build rockets that land, 3-D printed rocket motor nozzles.
- builds one of the largest Manufacturing plants on Earth [OK, only 1/3 so far] slight embellishment for now]
- quickest, safest sedan ever built? Model S near 50% market share of Luxury Sedan market most everywhere
- quickest, safest SUV Model X
- top selling Mid-Luxury sedan in about 1 1/2 years of production. out sells BMW, Mercedes, Audi ... Jag, Lexis, Acura
- 500 vehicles per year to +250,000 in a decade
- solar/glass roofing system
- battery storage for both residential and utility/industrial scale.

Why such bad press?
-Madison Ave. not getting their cut - no Ads
-Tesla pays back loans (bad precedence for other corporations)
-R&D 2010-2917 <$4.3 billion total - exposes at best waste, at worst theft at other corporations.
- Boring company $10 million/mile so far - LA subway add-on about $10 billion/mile - savings? for sure.
-real competition and great products: safest, quickest, cheapest to operate, long lasting, decreasing prices
-Wall Street - volatility not truth is their game - look to Michael Lewis for one to explain Wall St.
-US press in general has become click bait ad sales - truth has long since disappeared
-education been privatized so only for profits now - wisdom (use of facts/problem solving) been lost along with concepts of truth- leads to poor journalist and poor readers.
(California spends more on prison system than University of California System.)

side note: and the trolls all call for Elon to "hire" some expert auto executive to do better. what nonsense.

Last edited:
The Secret Master Plan wants to make transportation sustainable, that does not call for the electric efforts of the competition to fail. When Elon Musk says that the electrification efforts of the competition will be good for Tesla (because that raises awareness of BEVs), then he is wishing their efforts to go well. Like when he pledged that others were welcome to use a set of Tesla patents.

Not that I think Ford will manage. They would first have to try. Did Ford get a federal multi-billion dollar on favorable terms, just to start making their engines from aluminum, or no ? If so, then their transition to making BEVs seems difficult on a whole different level.

On that note, something any government could do to save their domestic automotive industry by helping them transition to making BEVs could be to help build battery factories, because battery production is what is limiting everyone. The money could come from a carbon tax...

Since that time, I think he has determined that competitors are not competent to carry the flag. A lot of reasons, motive one of them.

He has to run them over. Create separation.

Reactions: AZRI11
It's really quite amazing to me just how much the Street hates Elon. Unless you venture onto Twitter or regularly absorb the media that is focused on Wall Street, you can't fathom just how much hate there is for him. It's pretty unreal actually. Ultimately, it's very simple. It's ALL about money. Due to Elon's style, the stock often pops at unexpected times, based upon his tweets. I think this drives the Street mad. They simply view him as someone who goes to great lengths to pump his stock. Since the majority of the Street has been betting heavily against TSLA, it is to their detriment. This has been going on for years, and it has not made Elon enamored there. It's pretty funny actually. Now it's to the point where they either pull a Citron U-Turn and get on board, or they will get absolutely annihilated by this stock.

The hate and fake news are also in Europe

Another innovator type might actually be a very bad idea.

newsign.php

#FicusForChairman

Here's footage of me ranting and prophecizing about TSLA back on September 5th of this year. I used that phrase "eating every other car co's lunch", which has now become pretty ubiquitous when describing the situation. Not saying they're copying me, but...

This week could be a major pop-off week. If it continues even a moderate upward climb, shorts WILL be getting margin calls. It would take some mini black swan event (grey swan?) to keep the sp from going up this week imo. Channeling TT007, I really think ATH is not just possible, but likely by Friday. The market has become immunized to FUD! That's a huge deal. Major shorts are vociferously flipping. TSLA has been rallying HARD while the rest of the market has been having a depressive episode. Not an advice, but lottery call options for this Friday seem as good an idea as they ever have.

Cheers, fellow teslemmings :D

Brendan Lounstho

Did you actually send this to Musk? Because you should.

MOD EDIT: No, I have not. I am aware of the layers of protection between him and hoi polloi, and do not trust those handlers to pass it on. HOWEVER....I give free rein to any of you Twitteroonies to reference its existence to him on his very active Tweesite.

Elon seems extraordinarily receptive to input on Twitter. @AudubonB mocks Twitter but its a powerful and can be used for good and evil. I migrated away from TMC to Twitter to fight fud. TMC is still by far the best quality info for Tesla followers, but I felt it critical to attempt to blunt the lies spreading like wildfire on Twitter.

What I have found is that Elon will engage directly with customers. There are a group of us that can help magnify messages and hell them get noticed. Feel free to tag me in any tweet. I help who all the top posters on TMC are so if you use the same handle, I will send the message to a few large groups of Tesla fanatics who will retweet and it will bubble up to the powers that be. I can assure you that they to know who the supporters are.

All that said, Elon is crazy but he isn't stupid. He is going to unveil something that should be in a movie and then he will have a truck sneek up on stage that was designed can Franz. Do you see Franz making a cyber punk truck? Elon is trolling us.

Last edited:
All signs IMHO point to GF1 as the first site for Model Y.

* There's no room in Fremont, but basically unlimited space at GF1.
* Tesla has stated that their plans for the future are to combine cell, pack, motor and vehicle production into the same facilitiy
* Musk has recently been talking some incredibly bullish figures for potential employment at GF1.

Only real disadvantage for GF1 is distance from a port. But that's not really a disadvantage because Tesla plans to produce MY at GF3 (and presumably GF4) also; GF1 would just need to serve North America (and potentially "lesser" overseas markets).

I mean you gotta run everything through your own filter. If you make a bad trade based on somebody else's opinion that's on you. Besides, didn't he pioneer the tagline "not an advice"?

You can't be mad at the guy

I never made any trades based on anything he ever said since it was obvious nonsense. Others were not so wise. That's why I feel it's important to make sure no one ever gives any credibility to anything he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.