Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
short squeezes are rarer the larger the company is. quite rare for the size Tesla was in 2013, even more so for the size Tesla is today. I think expecting a short squeeze will simply lead to frustration and possibly loss of funds trying to time one.

I don't think there is anything involved in timing a short squeeze. Simply enter a GTC sell order at 5x the current price or so. Update that once a year if you see solid slow (50% annual rate or less) growth. If a squeeze comes, you won't get the peak but you'll be handsomely rewarded and can buy back in a few months with a lot more money in hand. If the squeeze never comes, you're holding long term - presumably your normal plan anyway.

I don't think there is anything involved in timing a short squeeze. Simply enter a GTC sell order at 5x the current price or so. Update that once a year if you see solid slow (50% annual rate or less) growth. If a squeeze comes, you won't get the peak but you'll be handsomely rewarded and can buy back in a few months with a lot more money in hand. If the squeeze never comes, you're holding long term - presumably your normal plan anyway.

Exactly this. I just put all the rest of our shares into GTC limit orders this morning to make sure they were not in the lending program without my knowledge, and because they might trigger while I am on the road for work at a very nice price so we can buy back lower later. Our GTC limit orders expire in 60 days, so I have to keep a note on the calendar to keep them active.

My question is - If the squeeze raises the valuation of TSLA to the level required by Elon's recently approved compensation package, does he receive compensation? That would be the ultimate finger to Wall Street, wouldn't it? Their greed resulted in compensating the man they despised at a level exceeding all their overpaid CEO's. I think Wall Street would throw in the kitchen sink to keep the Tesla share price from exceeding that amount out of spite. I hope they do, and pay dearly for it. Can someone help with a ballpark share price to trigger Elon's compensation package? It was approved at a share price of about $350, so wouldn't it be about $3,500 to trigger compensation? So Wall Street tries to keep it below $3,499, and GTC limits could be set at $3,490

• Funny
Reactions: Lessmog and Thumper
Exactly this. I just put all the rest of our shares into GTC limit orders this morning to make sure they were not in the lending program without my knowledge, and because they might trigger while I am on the road for work at a very nice price so we can buy back lower later. Our GTC limit orders expire in 60 days, so I have to keep a note on the calendar to keep them active.

My question is - If the squeeze raises the valuation of TSLA to the level required by Elon's recently approved compensation package, does he receive compensation? That would be the ultimate finger to Wall Street, wouldn't it? Their greed resulted in compensating the man they despised at a level exceeding all their overpaid CEO's. I think Wall Street would throw in the kitchen sink to keep the Tesla share price from exceeding that amount out of spite. I hope they do, and pay dearly for it. Can someone help with a ballpark share price to trigger Elon's compensation package? It was approved at a share price of about $350, so wouldn't it be about $3,500 to trigger compensation? So Wall Street tries to keep it below $3,499, and GTC limits could be set at $3,490

Elon's compensation plan requires revenue/ adjusted EBITDA goals in parallel with Market Cap.
Tesla updates Elon Musk’s CEO compensation plan with aim to become one of the biggest companies in the world

I’m kind of expecting a picture of a certain historic movie anytime now here.

23e.jpg

New Batch of registrations (about 5k)

Matthew Koloski on Twitter

I think this is the most significant short-term news this morning. I would expect the media such as Bloomberg and others to use these registrations and publish it, as well as updating their vin counting model which could result in wrecking some fear/havoc into shorters. Combine vins with Elon’s tweet over the weekend and it’s looking like a ramp is all but imminent.

Reactions: Starno
Status
Not open for further replies.