Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very curious times. I realise that many of us are somewhat bullish, but I see nothing but positive news and catalysts coming from Tesla right now, and yet the SP reduces. It’s very odd. Either:

A) I’m totally misled by my rosy-specs and kool-aid
B) Some people actually get taken-in by the hyped crash stories and FUD
C) The shorts are shorting like hell with the belief that the cash will run out before the ramp

As that bloke said, place your bets...

Seriously, no long with any comprehension of the state-of-play would sell right now, only if they had to for whatever reason.

I wonder if Elon is waiting for the planets to align in order to hit the shorts, one announcement after the other, with a few days/weeks between each. There’s so much waiting in the wings, it’s incredible.

I don’t care too much about the SP right now, Tesla’s dominance is virtually guaranteed from here, it’s just how long it will take.

Very curious times. I realise that many of us are somewhat bullish, but I see nothing but positive news and catalysts coming from Tesla right now, and yet the SP reduces. It’s very odd. Either:

C) The shorts are shorting like hell with the belief that the cash will run out before the ramp

Seriously, no long with any comprehension of the state-of-play would sell right now, only if they had to for whatever reason.

I wonder if Elon is waiting for the planets to align in order to hit the shorts, one announcement after the other, with a few days/weeks between each. There’s so much waiting in the wings, it’s incredible.

I don’t care too much about the SP right now, Tesla’s dominance is virtually guaranteed from here, it’s just how long it will take.
"Teslas dominance is virtually guaranteed" - i thin ill go with answer A)

Given that the "Stationary Object" problem will need to be solved for FSD doesn't make sense to focus on this now. I get why the software ignores a stationary objects, but a lot of lay people have a hard time understanding how a car with some level of automation can run into something sitting still. To them this should be easy. It's like the software team justifying how something should work based on a technical difficultly rather than than meeting the users expectations. This problem needs to be solved eventually for FSD so why not now to avoid all the headlines.
AEB is advertised as safety feature independently from AP, so I’d like them to get on top of this now anyway. Even more so as there are cars out there that can perform significantly better...

Elon pledges a significant amount of his shares to finance SpaceX, Boring and his lifestyle. Please explain how could he buy back shares when he has nearly no cash
Spacex is cash flow positive most years. Block 5 will increase revenue and reduce costs for the next 5+ years.
Boring is a cash drain, no doubt. Only 112 million so far. Open AI was 1 billion. Still not 4 billion, and open AI has been helpful to Tesla.

Tesla is not going to run out of cash. this is simple minded thinking. Elon announced something the other day that I dont think any bears processed because they are dumb. Elon said that orders would be open for Dual Motor, Performance and White interior. These cars will average over $70k ASP. But also, they require a $2500, non refundable deposit. If you have 500,000 WW reservations and 25% want SR and 50% are outside the US, that leaves roughly 187,000 reservations in the US that are waiting on one of the new configs. By this time next month there is a good chance that Tesla will have upwards of $250M (100k of 187k orders) in fresh cash for orders on cars that average 25% more then the current Model 3s sold to date. This would also convert $100M in reservation funds into non-refundable deposits. This is happening this QTR, while deliveries will happen the next 2. Now you see why Elon is so confident that Tesla will be profitable. That would be about $7B in sales for just the model 3 and just 4,000/w. So if they are at 5k/w, you can doss in another 25,000 deliveries or more at $50k+ ASP.or well over $8B in model 3 revenues to go with $5B+ in S/X revenues.

This idea that Tesla is going to run out of cash before being able to collect $13B in just 2 quarters with ASPs that are ridiculously high? Remember, margins on the base model 3 might be tight, but when the model 3 costs $60-$70K, the margins will be very very high.

I can’t help it but to think Adam Jones’s downgrade got leaked early yesterday and that’s what has brought the SP down to $292, which is very close to his target.

It’s actually not a downgrade, the rating is unchanged at EW (Equal Weight, meaning neutral). But I’m sure it will be reported in the media as a downgrade, not as an adjustment of target price...

Its very simple, gasoline engine brands are big and alot depend on them, also media newspapers also depend on them, so there is alot Money on the table to lose for them. Thats why they are throwing *sugar* at Tesla. And the normal guy, who isnt following Elon Musk and Tesla closely, makes stock buying/selling decisions based on the FUDs.

• Helpful
Reactions: SteveG3
Its very simple, gasoline engine brands are big and alot depend on them, also media newspapers also depend on them, so there is alot Money on the table to lose for them. Thats why they are throwing *sugar* at Tesla. And the normal guy, who isnt following Elon Musk and Tesla closely, makes stock buying/selling decisions based on the FUDs.

Then they are very stupid indeed, I guess these are the ones that never make much money on investments.

"Teslas dominance is virtually guaranteed" - i thin ill go with answer A)

I wonder if you guys really don’t see it, or whether you’re hopelessly under water that you’ll do/say almost anything to help yourselves, or maybe you’re just paid to post this stuff. For your sake, I hope it’s the latter...

there is an option D)
positive news of Tesla coming of age brings about a re-balancing of the stock price down to 'normality'
That is to say, the good news of Tesla achieving 5,000 M3 per week for an entire quarter will be met with a giant meh, and not with a large increase in share price.

Who is this German genius that adds no value to this forum, why are you here ?
Maybe you can enlighten us on the German diesel fraud and coverup.

Two of them we have for the moment, posting very similar comments, same tone - could be one person with multiple accounts, or just paid by the same master with the same mandate...

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.