Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever to the haters. How reliable and spectacular are the Chinese bullet trains?

People need to set the racism aside. It's less about the country of manufacturer than the actual production and QA process.

How many Chinese engineers work in Palo Alto, Fremont, etc? More than Australians and New Zealanders think.

As a New Zealander - I want to be on record as saying I’m absolutely 100% ok with my model 3 being made in China.

With regard to a Tesla factory in China I think we're going to have to throw many prior assumptions aside. Yes domestic Chinese cars are poor quality, but that has as much to do with them being designed and developed in China as to do with them being built there. I truly believe that if there is a company that could put togheter a really high quality manufacturing operation in China, even with something as complex and demanding as a car, it would be Tesla. This hasn't been done or really attempted by any of the big US, Japanse, Korean or European OEMs before, at least not whole heartedly.
Foreign manufacturers have been making cars in china for over two decades now. Creating quality in country, with the right factory and the right people and the right training, its not a problem.

Last edited:
Coincidence?

upload_2018-10-24_17-50-23.png

Status
Not open for further replies.