Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Anywhere under $1,000 is OVERLY under priced for Tesla."

Agreed. But the question isn't what I think TSLA should be priced at; it's what the market is going to price TSLA at.

Tesla is a highly volatile stock. Betting that there will be lows at some point before the end of the quarter isn't exactly some radical bet. And options pricing is much more volatile than the stock itself (for obvious reasons).

That's how you see double standards, and pure Tesla hate : Renault loses his CEO, that was even considered a "hero" in Japan, who is accused of fraud.
Renault loses 10%.

Whereas Elon Musk just has to send some tweets, and TSLA will fall 20%...
That's BS. Ask yourself how important Musk is to Tesla's future vs Ghosn to Renault's.
FYI, Renault has been around since 1898.

And......

And this was February 2016, so that initial stake is > 2x now. So all good.

The initial idea was to sell it to buy a summer-house in Denmark, but in the end I told her better to dit on it and become millionaires instead.

So I wait and will buy more whenever I can.

Except now I'm a TRADER, whoooo!

"Anywhere under $1,000 is OVERLY under priced for Tesla."

Agreed. But the question isn't what I think TSLA should be priced at; it's what the market is going to price TSLA at.

Tesla is a highly volatile stock. Betting that there will be lows at some point before the end of the quarter isn't exactly some radical bet. And options pricing is much more volatile than the stock itself (for obvious reasons).

Frustrating nevertheless that the ‘market’ doesn’t see what we are all seeing. We can only hope that the frustration will one day be rewarded.

Reactions: UncaNed and Lessmog
Frustrating nevertheless that the ‘market’ doesn’t see what we are all seeing. We can only hope that the frustration will one day be rewarded.

Stocks that everyone agrees on the price for aren't interesting for those who want a market-beating growth stock. If we all wanted to just match the macros, we wouldn't be doing that by picking individual stocks. It's very much a good thing for us that so many people are dubious about Tesla. :) Time will prove the doubters wrong.

Give it time ;)

(Honestly, I imagine she's pretty happy with the gains recently :) )

Yeah, but she'd not overly happy with me spending all my time on TMC and stock ticker pages :oops:

BTW, the little position I sold today was from my company account, not the personal stuff, so no divorce in prospect if that goes south...

so, today shows, that noone here in this Forum can explain this weird movement of tsla stock.. Some excuses for tsla down movement in other days;

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

None of These are present today, but we are still down.. any explanation?

No news is bad news.

so, today shows, that noone here in this Forum can explain this weird movement of tsla stock.. Some excuses for tsla down movement in other days;

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

Running opposite to the macros on little news would imply "hedge".

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

besides..very low volume

Must be the darn shorts then :p

Understandable, but I don't agree! I think the 'market' understands all too well what we are all seeing, and it scares the *sugar* out of them. That's why they attack Tesla. You can smell the fear (and the sugar).

10 years from now, it's going to be a very different world. The difference being, that we're on the side of making it a better place. I'm good with that.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.