Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so, today shows, that noone here in this Forum can explain this weird movement of tsla stock.. Some excuses for tsla down movement in other days;

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

None of These are present today, but we are still down.. any explanation?

Looks exactly like the short selling pattern we saw daily prior to the Q3 report. Some have surrendered. Not all, apparently.

so, today shows, that noone here in this Forum can explain this weird movement of tsla stock.. Some excuses for tsla down movement in other days;

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

besides..very low volume

Well maybe it is that article about analysts raising EPS to 2.06 for Q4, so no blow out earning, it was 0,74 before.

Only Tesla "news" on Fidelity is this. SO, I thought all the auto stocks are down today - but F & GM are also up. That's what makes TSLA down today weird. TSLA down 1.4% while NASDAQ up 1.6%.

November Auto Sales Expected to Slip for First Time Since 2009, Edmunds Forecasts
DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. 6:00 AM ET 11/21/2018

Only Tesla "news" on Fidelity is this. SO, I thought all the auto stocks are down today - but F & GM are also up. That's what makes TSLA down today weird.

Tesla recently, vs. macros:
green-hedge-on-isolated-260nw-200503517.jpg

Anywhere under $1,000 is OVERLY under priced for Tesla. Tesla has been trading for more than 18 months at today levels, so I think it's normal if people are a bit tired of this small fluctuation without any significant growth. Those who want to benefit from lower prices had basically the last 6 years to do so.

Now it's time to shift gears and go for $600 without looking back.
Love it - say more things like this! I need it.
Teslas don't have gears - I am expecting something closer to Musk Inc. Teleportation to $600!

Reactions: wipster
hyundai_kona-18-of-34-e1533739828126.jpg

I see what Elon's doing here - genius as always. Once the shorts are fully in, he will whisk off those plastic Kona masks to reveal M3s underneath built out of Gigafactory 3!

Or it could go the opposite way... substitute below Tesla for Russia, Exxon-Mobil for the Soviet Union, and clean energy for capitalism ;)

All of the sudden, around the world, hidden diesel engines start up in every Tesla, powerpacks start belching smoke, and PV panels in solar farms across the countryside roll themselves up into pipelines.... ;)

Why is it every time I make a friendly, chatty, or joking statement you jump in with an attack?

In case you actually care: no, my strategy is not "hope X happens". I operate on quarterly timeframes around the quarterly reports, as well as on other predictable news. I look at how much time is left and break down what I consider the probabilities that the price will fall below various levels in the time remaining, and set my buy targets for the lowest level I think has high odds of being achieved. At the same time I maintain a strategy for what to do if said levels aren't achieved - in this case, if TSLA only continues to grow up to the Q4 report, I'll instead buy stock and sell high strike price covered calls to the YOLO crowd.

Or, you can just keep up with what you've been doing for the past several days and attack whenever you see a joke, friendly statement, or innocent chat.
I greatly appreciate the wealth of information in Karen's posts, which are all way beyond my level of stock and investment related expertise.

Do as you please with your trading , no argument there, all I ask is not to cheer for lower prices.
Yes, I understand how cheering for lower prices can come across as a bit tone deaf in this forum (I've done this in the past too).

At any point there are people waiting for dips to jump in and people looking for peaks to roll. I'm in the second camp now.

- macro down
- elon tweet
- China
- oil
- battery fire
- Analyst downgrade
- bad weather
- traffic jam

besides..very low volume
Or perhaps... Solar Flares? Or... because... well, just Tesla. But it's all good, I'm sticking with TSLA anyway, although I guess you might say I consider myself a something of an optometrist about these things.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Status
Not open for further replies.