Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they improved significantly between launch and this summer, however, looking at the current survey results it looks like there is still much room for improvement.
There's always room for improvement. Most of those areas are OK though. The paint "fairs" and "poors" seem to have dwindled (down to 7%).

The real problem is the communications, which is obvious from that survey result. 32% fair or poor.

I give the credit issue scenario less than 5% chance of occurring. What about you?

When the fed has to come out and deny there's a liquidity problem. It already hapoened.

Same principle for recession. When you see printed papers asking if we are heading into a recession. The recession becomes 100% true. More of a psychological imprint into ppl's mind. Make them question and at the same time change their behaviour to be conservative... "just in case"

Was there any liquidity for ordinary main street borrowers in the first place?

I'm not sure what a dry-up in liquidity at the major banks would even mean right now. What's the equivalent of the money market funds which demonetized? Nothing I can see. Were they really lending to small businesses? I don't think so. Whose liquidity gets dried up?

When the fed has to come out and deny there's a liquidity problem. It already hapoened.

Same principle for recession. When you see printed papers asking if we are heading into a recession. The recession becomes 100% true. More of a psychological imprint into ppl's mind. Make them question and at the same time change their behaviour to be conservative... "just in case"

Here’s the thing, I’ve heard the papers print the words recession since 2016. Every year when the bull market was on a tear papers have been stating that we’ve been in the 2nd longest bull market and that a recession is on the “horizon.” How many times have I read this the past several years? Countless... with GDP at 3.4% vs the average of 1.8-2%, id say this economy is on fire. What the feds are doing is the correct short term move, which is to prevent inflation. If the Feds continually raise in 2019, then we might have a bit of a problem. But given their recent statements about reacessing 2019, id give that a very low probability.

I now personally don’t think Tesla will ever see $400. The bears will play the same games over and over again until Tesla has lost his advantage and the competition (VW in particular) takes over volume EV sales. In about 2-3 years would be my guess.
You make a good point here. It is possible that Tesla Energy will be Tesla's ace card.

I now personally don’t think Tesla will ever see $400. The bears will play the same games over and over again until Tesla has lost his advantage and the competition (VW in particular) takes over volume EV sales. In about 2-3 years would be my guess.

I doubt we'll ever see $300 again.

I should have listened to Chanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.