Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSportline 20x10 Max Tire Sizes For Model Y P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a Tesla Model Y P.

I've been rocking a set of 19x9 TSportline wheels, but have been itching to change up the color, and figured I'd consider looking at 20" wheels.

I'm curious what is the max tire spec that can be run with these wheels.

I was hoping for a big wide tire with a nice fat sidewall.

I was looking at 265/45/20 tires, no idea if that will be problematic.

TSportline ships 255/40/20 or 275/40/20 for square setups.

On my 19's, I'm running 255/45/19's, and I find them to be way too stretched to my liking.

The question is, do I go up to 20's, sacrifice some range, and end up limiting my tire sizing (the latter being a deal breaker) or should I just either paint/powder coat my current wheels, or get a new set of wheels in the color I want, and have a set of spares for the event of a flat tire when there's no one around to service them, and throw on some 265/45/19's on the 19" wheels.

Thanks, looking forward to your all opinions!

I've got a Tesla Model Y P.

I've been rocking a set of 19x9 TSportline wheels, but have been itching to change up the color, and figured I'd consider looking at 20" wheels.

I'm curious what is the max tire spec that can be run with these wheels.

I was hoping for a big wide tire with a nice fat sidewall.

I was looking at 265/45/20 tires, no idea if that will be problematic.

TSportline ships 255/40/20 or 275/40/20 for square setups.

On my 19's, I'm running 255/45/19's, and I find them to be way too stretched to my liking.

The question is, do I go up to 20's, sacrifice some range, and end up limiting my tire sizing (the latter being a deal breaker) or should I just either paint/powder coat my current wheels, or get a new set of wheels in the color I want, and have a set of spares for the event of a flat tire when there's no one around to service them, and throw on some 265/45/19's on the 19" wheels.

Thanks, looking forward to your all opinions!
Wondering what it is about the fitted Uberturbine 21" wheels that's making you go for smaller wheels.

Why can't we order an MYP with different wheels?
Probably for Tesla to help keep their distribution streamlined and simple. It's a pretty common modification upon initially buying the car to swap out for either wider tires with thicker sidewalls or go to smaller wheels, for both efficiency and wheel rim protection.

The stock 21" Uberturbines have such low profile and stretched tires that curb rash is virtually guaranteed, and the ride is extremely harsh on them.

They are also insanely heavy which decreases efficiency significantly compared to lighter weight wheels. Smaller wheels also = smaller tires, and thus less weight there as well.

If you hop on your local craigslist and are in a metropolitan area you will likely see tons of sets of Uberturbines up for sale.

I posted this elsewhere but saw this is active so maybe you have an idea. I just put on michellin x-ice tires on my MYP. Wheels are TSport TSS 20" and similar to what you said-I've already rashed my 21's so those are getting sold. My question-the winters they put on still seem to expose a ton of the wheel and I'd hate to scratch these. Minnesota roads can be a bit tricky with potholes and low lying manhole covers. Should I have gone with something a tad wider to hug up to the wheel more?

I posted this elsewhere but saw this is active so maybe you have an idea. I just put on michellin x-ice tires on my MYP. Wheels are TSport TSS 20" and similar to what you said-I've already rashed my 21's so those are getting sold. My question-the winters they put on still seem to expose a ton of the wheel and I'd hate to scratch these. Minnesota roads can be a bit tricky with potholes and low lying manhole covers. Should I have gone with something a tad wider to hug up to the wheel more?
Probably, but the purchase is already made. Maybe on the next set, yes. What width are the wheels and what size tires did you mount on them?

Thanks for the response. 20x10 wheels. Michelson 255/40/20 mounted. I did contact tsport and they said a 275 would provide better coverage-discount tire said they’d swap if I wanted. Thoughts? Thx!
275 would certainly offer way more sidewall, although quite a bit more rolling resistance, so less wh/mi. But yeah, 255 is a little bit too thin for my tastes on that width of wheel. Also if your car is lowered, you may have some rubbing issues, but should be totally fine on a stock height car.

265 would be the good in between. But like I said, at this point the purchase has been made, unless you can return them (which I doubt) then just rock them until it's time to replace.