Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will a 255-45-19 tire fit on 9.5 rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased new wheels for my 2023 Model Y. They are Drag DR-77 from Tire Rack. The new wheels are 9.5” wide. My stock wheels are 11” wide. My tires are 255-45-19. Will they fit ok. Has anyone else run into this issue replacing 9.5” wide wheels instead of the 11” stock ones.

Big Moe

How come your stock wheels are 11" wide?

Here's a guide that shows all the various tire/wheel configuration offered on the Model Y.
Model Y Tire Guide
Hello from Moe

I have no idea why my stock wheels are measuring 11””. I slid a ruler through the wheel three times and lined it up three times. 11” from outside of rim from end to end. I’ll be swapping them out soon and will be able to measure them easier

Maybe 10.5" stock, if its the optional largest rim from the factory, and even then its only in the rear.

Hello from Moe

I have no idea why my stock wheels are measuring 11””. I slid a ruler through the wheel three times and lined it up three times. 11” from outside of rim from end to end. I’ll be swapping them out soon and will be able to measure them easier
That's not how wheel width is measured. You need to measure from INSIDE bead to bead which is impossible while tire is mounted. Remove the wheel from the vehicle and the width will be noted somewhere on the back side.