Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Podcast Not Updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VQTRVA

Mar 13, 2019
CVA
Does TuneIn podcast library updating for any1?
I have some that I have as favorites that have not updated since last fall (2022) but are updated consistenly on my mobile phone.

I usually streaming my favorite podcasts via bluetooth off my phone but it would be nice to listen straight off the Tesla panel once in awhile.

I have some podcasts that haven’t update in a while. I never use Tunein because it doesn’t work in the car but I test it occasionally in the hope that something has improved. Nothing is ever fixed with this application.

Main issues are

1. Not all podcasts are in the Tunein directory. Why not just use Apple’s directory?
2. Some podcasts don’t update (as per OP)
3. Play position is not remembered in the car so if you play part of an episode then want to play something else (like music) when you return to the original episode it starts back at the beginning. Totally defeats the purpose of podcasting!
4. Play position does not sync to other devices running Tunein. Which is essential if you listen to podcasts on your phone etc and want to continue in your car or the other way around.

Tesla should just use Overcast, Pocket Casts or similar. Something like Pocket Casts is probably best since it already runs on lots of platforms and has a good web app which could run easily in the new media player that Tesla implemented for Apple Music.

Reactions: VQTRVA
We have had issues getting Tunein to display our recent TMC Podcasts. Whenever I contact them they fix it, but then it starts happening again soon after.
Wow. Looks like they are not long as a legitimate podcast option.
I guess they don't know how to make money off podcasts & so are not investing in its upkeep.

Wow. Looks like they are not long as a legitimate podcast option.
I guess they don't know how to make money off podcasts & so are not investing in its upkeep.
I think they make their money off premium content like sports radio. So podcasts are not a focus for them.

Tesla only has Tunein for internet radio (similar to Sonos) so the focus is just on radio.

Tesla really needs a dedicated podcast app. I would pay for that - it would make the premium connectivity more attractive.

Reactions: VQTRVA