Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn - podcasts, what’s new option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As bad as the iPhone podcast app might be, one thing I have come to rely on is it showing me which of my podcasts has a new episode I have not yet played.

On my M3 (still in v8), I don’t see a way to gather this same info. Thus far all I have is to hit play on every icon in my favorite list and see if I recognize what they’re talking about... because unless the caster put the issue # into the title I don’t even have a # or release date...

Complicating this, it doesn’t seem to remember how far in I am. If I play 30 minutes of a cast and the swap in a song or the radio for a bit... when I go back to the podcast it plays from the start...

Am I using this wrong, or is this the state of the UI for TuneIn app in the M3?

TuneIn is pretty bad. Podcasts are the primary media I consume in the car, but I could not live with the built-in app no matter how hard I tried.

If you aren’t happy with the iPhone app, you might consider Pocket Casts. I don’t think it is free, but it is pretty great. The configurable skip time alone is hard to give up.