Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn off Power Walls, Inverters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having flickering problems again. This has returned after two years of no problems. The last time Tesla adjusted my setting, and everything was perfect. However, Tesla put me through an exercise with PG&E before they realized it was a problem on their system. PG&E was perfect, no voltage or fluctuation problems.

Anyway, it is back. PG&E came on site and checked service and all was perfect.

So wondering when this is happening, how do I completely turn off the Tesla system and run from the grid. I want to solve the flickering issue to prove that Tesla is causing the flickering.

Is this possible???????

There is a menu choice on the Tesla app to "Go Off Grid". That will isolate any circuits you have that are backed up from PG&E.

Do you have a frequency meter such as a Kill o Watt to see what the frequency is when your lights are flickering?

EDIT: Whoops. Completely miss read the request. @Vines correctly nailed the request and solution.

Last edited:
I am having flickering problems again. This has returned after two years of no problems. The last time Tesla adjusted my setting, and everything was perfect. However, Tesla put me through an exercise with PG&E before they realized it was a problem on their system. PG&E was perfect, no voltage or fluctuation problems.

Anyway, it is back. PG&E came on site and checked service and all was perfect.

So wondering when this is happening, how do I completely turn off the Tesla system and run from the grid. I want to solve the flickering issue to prove that Tesla is causing the flickering.

Is this possible???????
It sounds like you want to specifically run ON GRID. To do that you want to turn off the breakers that feed your powerwall and solar inverters if any.

The gateway may throw errors, but it will not be able to deploy any power. However the gateway hardware will still be connected, so this will not COMPLETELY isolate any installation issues. However if it was working fine for 2 years the issue may more likely be a software or settings one.

I also recommend plugging in a kilowatt meter to measure frequency. I would not be totally surprised that your frequency might have been changed inadvertently.