Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turo Rental, possible to add FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be renting an MY through Turo. The renter is going to add me as a user when it is pickup time. I'm wondering if I'm able to add a 1 month subscription of FSD via the App, and pay the $200. The renter stated I will be using my CC for super charging through my App, so wondering if it is possible to add FSD (and remove when done). The renter doesn't seem to have an issue with doing this but not sure how we would go about (they don't want to pay for it and add it themselves). I'm hoping I can, and it is seamless to do, but wondering if anyone knows or has actual experience doing this. Thanks!

No I don’t think secondary users can pay for upgrades. Even if you could I assume you want FSD beta functionality and the car probably won’t get beta software before you have to return it. You will just get EAP + traffic light/stop sign control.

Supercharging will also bill the primary account for the car, so you won’t be able to add a card to your account and pay for supercharging yourself.

Has this person rented their car before? It doesn’t seem like they know how it works.

No I don’t think secondary users can pay for upgrades. Even if you could I assume you want FSD beta functionality and the car probably won’t get beta software before you have to return it. You will just get EAP + traffic light/stop sign control.

Supercharging will also bill the primary account for the car, so you won’t be able to add a card to your account and pay for supercharging yourself.

Has this person rented their car before? It doesn’t seem like they know how it works.
It shows they have rented previously (but I've not!). Maybe they've not rented to other Tesla owners? EAP would be okay. Taking a trip and thinking of trying it out. If it is a hassle, then AP will do. Sounds like I may have to find out that day if possible.

Hmm, they stated I would be billed for SC, through my App and credit card on file. Either them or me is fine for billing, as I would just pay them afterward if so. Again, maybe they've not rented to Tesla owners previously.