Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two month old Model S refresh might be totaled, will insurance pay for a new one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry about the crash - glad you were not hurt.

My WAG is it will cost about $30K to fix. The obvious stuff includes a new hood, fenders, bumper cover, rails, airbags, and a variety of stuff in the frunk. It all seems doable. It partly comes down to structure and how much is damaged. It actually doesn't look so bad, but hard to tell from a photo. Also if one or both doors are damaged, then the costs shoot up quite a bit. Looks like the suspension, tires, and rims may be ok. Again, impossible to tell from the photo. If the car was several years old, I'd say it would be totaled. As an almost new car, it seems fixable (although you may not want it or dealing with months of work). They have a lot of expenses to work with before it's fully paid off. If it was my car, I'd want it totaled. Good luck and I hope you get what you want.

I wrote this repair guide that you may find helpful: Tesla Accident Repair Guide – TeslaTap