Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Two quick questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've searched and searched but can't find the answers to these.

Q1 - I ordered a MYP on 8/24 and I don't know what model year I'm getting. 2021? 2022? It doesn't say on my order. I'm assuming a 2021.

Q2 - Does anyone know what the OEM tires are for the MYP at this time? I'm hoping for the Michelins but have heard the Pirellis are OEM too

Thanks!

The model year will depend upon when you take delivery, but Tesla doesn’t roll out changes to models by model year like traditional car manufacturers. They add and tweak things constantly.

Your MYP should come with Pirelli PZero PZ4 summer tires.

Ok here’s another random one. Do the USB ports stay “on” when the car is “off”?
In the context of your question, no. The USB ports only remain on when the Tesla vehicle remains powered on, i.e. does not enter sleep or deep sleep mode. If you, for example, leave Sentry Mode active then the Tesla vehicle will not enter sleep mode. Also, Camp mode and Dog mode will leave the USB ports and the 12V accessory outlets active for the same reason; the USB ports and the 12V accessory outlets remain powered on whenever the Tesla vehicle is powered on.

Reactions: DesmoDog
The model year will depend upon when you take delivery, but Tesla doesn’t roll out changes to models by model year like traditional car manufacturers. They add and tweak things constantly.

Your MYP should come with Pirelli PZero PZ4 summer tires.
Nope. See the post following yours. The time of BUILD determines the model year, the VIN will indicate this.

Reactions: DesmoDog