TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tyre Noise - How much quieter is Contisilent vs Michelin?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by thegruf, Jul 26, 2016.

1. thegruf

thegruf Member

Anyone have any experience of this? Especially when worn as this would be when the roadnoise is at its worst.

I'm curently on ff Contisilents, but am not a fan except they do genuinely seem to be a quiet tyre, I find the wear is poor (all 4 are done for a 15K miles :( ) and the steering feel is a very weak point.

Having swapped between Conti and Michelin PSS in the past on previous vehicles AMG/Audi, I have found the Michelin to be the much better tyre.

I do notice the Continental have a new ContiSport 6 out which apparently addresses the steering feel and improves wear a bit, but it is not available in Tesla 21 inch size and no silent variant yet either.

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

Minor note--all new Model S with 19s come with a new Goodyear Eagle Touring tire (nothing like the old OEM one) which has internal foam. No-one seems to have data on handling, wear, etc--Tire Rack shows 2 versions, but only 1 is labeled for TM. I don't see any new Ses with the Michelin Primacy tires.