Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tyre Noise - How much quieter is Contisilent vs Michelin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any experience of this? Especially when worn as this would be when the roadnoise is at its worst.

I'm curently on ff Contisilents, but am not a fan except they do genuinely seem to be a quiet tyre, I find the wear is poor (all 4 are done for a 15K miles :( ) and the steering feel is a very weak point.

Having swapped between Conti and Michelin PSS in the past on previous vehicles AMG/Audi, I have found the Michelin to be the much better tyre.

I do notice the Continental have a new ContiSport 6 out which apparently addresses the steering feel and improves wear a bit, but it is not available in Tesla 21 inch size and no silent variant yet either.

Minor note--all new Model S with 19s come with a new Goodyear Eagle Touring tire (nothing like the old OEM one) which has internal foam. No-one seems to have data on handling, wear, etc--Tire Rack shows 2 versions, but only 1 is labeled for TM. I don't see any new Ses with the Michelin Primacy tires.