Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tysons Corner, VA (AWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the way, I ordered an aluminum dead pedal from rpmtesla a while back for my model 3 and ended up buying maxspider floor mats, so I don't need it. If anyone would like one to go with their model 3 aluminum pedals I'll sell it for half price ($30) - DM me if interested.

So bummed. I got a call today from Tyco Road. My car arrived and had “paint issues”. It is going to a Tesla certified body shop for three weeks, so my delivery has been moved back. I am a little nervous. No one can give me details of exactly what the defects are and if it is going to require re-painting part of it. I am very OCD and I don’t like the idea of my car being partially repainted. I was planning on a full x-pel wrap as soon as I got it. I am that OCD. They offered to match me to another car, which will take 4-6 weeks or just wait 3 weeks for this one to come out of the body shop. My car is a M3P- gray/white. The metallic gray has been discontinued, so maybe it is smarter to just ask for a re-match now as opposed to waiting three weeks and then possibly rejecting anyway. Dang it. What do you guys think?

I think it’s the Silver and Obsidian Black that are going to be special order soon. If it were me, I’d want the car I ordered and would wait 3 weeks. Check the forums (TMC, M3OC), a number of folks had minor to significant paint issues. The 3 weeks is probably due to backlog, not necessarily severity of issues. And the paint shop should be able to remediate to satisfy your OCD (which I share lol). Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

My Delivery is scheduled for Sep 22 at 4:30 PM at Tyson's Corner. I still do not have a VIN. I have not heard anything(no emails & no calls) after the Delivery Scheduled email I received on Sept 7th. At this point I am not sure if they will be able to meet the Sept 22 date.

My Delivery is scheduled for Sep 22 at 4:30 PM at Tyson's Corner. I still do not have a VIN. I have not heard anything(no emails & no calls) after the Delivery Scheduled email I received on Sept 7th. At this point I am not sure if they will be able to meet the Sept 22 date.

This is just how delivery works for most people. (Assuming you do standard financing) Tyson's is a great delivery location though. They are very helpful. Just call them, select the option for deliveries, and tell them you have an upcoming delivery. Then tell them exactly what you just said and that you want to make sure everything is still a go for the 22nd. They will ask your R number. They will then give you an update. They are swamped there to be sure, but they also are pretty on top of things too. They just can't hire enough people to reach out and be proactive the way we would like with the strain the model 3 is putting on the company.

I was scheduled to pick up tomorrow (9/18) and thought of calling Tyco to find out if alls in order and .... the vehicle is not there yet. So rescheduled to 9/20 - which was my original pickup -before they called to schedule two days earlier.
All these dates are not firm, all tentative based on how transit is impacted by storms.

I was scheduled to pick up tomorrow (9/18) and thought of calling Tyco to find out if alls in order and .... the vehicle is not there yet. So rescheduled to 9/20 - which was my original pickup -before they called to schedule two days earlier.
All these dates are not firm, all tentative based on how transit is impacted by storms.

Sorry to hear that. You made me paranoid so I just called to verify I'm still good today. They are doing temp tags and inspections now. I have red paint so I can't say my confidence is high that it will all come out ok, but at least I'll get to see it for the first time. I hope they have a spot indoors because the weather isn't so pretty today and I want to be able to see the paint without rain drops.

Sorry to hear that. You made me paranoid so I just called to verify I'm still good today. They are doing temp tags and inspections now. I have red paint so I can't say my confidence is high that it will all come out ok, but at least I'll get to see it for the first time. I hope they have a spot indoors because the weather isn't so pretty today and I want to be able to see the paint without rain drops.

Glad to hear.. all the best with delivery. Hope all goes well for you.

Glad to hear.. all the best with delivery. Hope all goes well for you.

I'm 90% confident I got a really good car. I'm not 100% because of weather. It was really raining hard, and the car was covered in raindrops and the lighting wasn't great. No major paint issues like scratches, fish-eyes, dents. Panel gaps were great, glass was aligned on top, wheels were in good shape, headlights good. Nothing scratched on the interior. Some dust on the seats was really all i could complain about at the time. So going to let the PPF guys take a look at the paint under better conditions but otherwise the initial drive had no rattles or noises either. I think I got a good one! Vin 99XXX range. Red/White P3D-

Funniest part of the whole story was when I got back to work it was really pouring. I didn't set up phone as key (because I usually leave my phone in my car) and so I used a key card. Got to my desk and found myself lacking said key. Had to triple search my pockets and then go back out in the rain, to find the black key card in the blacktop parkling lot which was covered in rain. Fortunately.... I did find it. Whew.

This is just how delivery works for most people. (Assuming you do standard financing) Tyson's is a great delivery location though. They are very helpful. Just call them, select the option for deliveries, and tell them you have an upcoming delivery. Then tell them exactly what you just said and that you want to make sure everything is still a go for the 22nd. They will ask your R number. They will then give you an update. They are swamped there to be sure, but they also are pretty on top of things too. They just can't hire enough people to reach out and be proactive the way we would like with the strain the model 3 is putting on the company.
I just called the delivery department at the Tyco Road Service Center and the guy on the phone said that my vehicle has not yet arrived and they will call me when the vehicle is there to schedule the delivery for a time convenient to me. He said its definitely not happening this Saturday.

I just called the delivery department at the Tyco Road Service Center and the guy on the phone said that my vehicle has not yet arrived and they will call me when the vehicle is there to schedule the delivery for a time convenient to me. He said its definitely not happening this Saturday.
And now on my Tesla account I see the same old status with Delivery Estimate : Sept. '18 - Nov. '18

I wonder how much of the hurricane excuse is true. I've kind of pushed the issue with my IDA since I have a VIN and they've told me the car was coming up from Richmond (yes, VA). Yesterday, my delivery went from 09/21 to 09/20 when I confirmed with my IDA that the car would reach Tyco at midnight (~16 hours prior to this post) and delivery today might have been possible. My IDA called me this morning to let me know my car's delivery has been pushed out to 09/29. When I pressed her for more info, what I got out of her was that a) "the system updates slowly sometimes" which is how she explained "arriving at midnight" no longer being the case and b) she cannot confirm the car's current location, which makes me wonder how you arrive at 09/29 and not an earlier date. I work around the corner from the Tyco location so I'm about to go there and chat to someone in person... just to see if I can get a different answer or additional insight.

Interesting turn of events. I was supposed to take delivery of my M3P- today at 3pm. Got a call a couple of weeks ago saying that my car had paint issues and they would let me know when it was ready. Ok. Got a call from Las Vegas 3 days ago saying they were re-matching me to a new vin and would be 3-6weeks. Ok. Got a call last night saying that my car was ready for pick up today at 2pm. New vin. Scheduled for pick up at 2pm today. I’ll update this afternoon when I leave the dealership. Fingers crossed! Vin 99***

882F0B71-66F4-4467-9AF8-5F73636E67A6.jpeg

Well, she is home! Delivery was flawless. Couple of tiny paint issues, but nothing that would keep me from wanting the car. So excited!

Very cool! Glad you got it finally! I am in line for Sunday - fingers crossed.
How long did the process take for delivery?
About 1 hour. But that was me. I brought my checklist to keep the giddiness from preventing me from inspecting the car. They are awesome at Tyco Road. Mike said he just had 15 min for my appointment, but he would stay with me as long as I needed to feel comfortable. He stayed with me the whole hour.

• Informative
Reactions: T3slaPat3l