Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tysons Corner, VA (AWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now on my Tesla account I see the same old status with Delivery Estimate : Sept. '18 - Nov. '18
I called the Tesla Delivery number (1-888-771-2505) this morning and spoke to a lady who put me on hold for 5 mins to check my account and then said that they don't have any updates for me and they were production delays and cannot tell me when I will get my car.

@desiGeek – if you’re 4/22/16 and still don’t have your car for a non-p reservation holder, I guess I’m waiting until November. Bummer. Tysons is so backed up due to demand, unless I’m reading this wrong?

What’s the latest reservation/config date combinations for folks with AWD Non-P (and no white interior)?

Picked up my 3 at Tysons! Had my checklist - didn't even use it. Michael took care of me (none of that 5 minute sign-and-drive stuff). Car was flawless; was a bummer driving in the rain afterwards, but it handled like a straight-up champ! Looking forward to some fun driving this next weekend.
runmadm3-tysons.jpg

Not sure if this post will get deleted but I have an HPWC arriving tomorrow that I failed to cancel the order on. Tesla customer service was really not that helpful when I spoke to them some 15 minutes after I ordered it and tried to cancel it. I was going to go through the return/shipment refusal process with Fedex but if someone local wants one, I'll sell it at my cost and drive it to an agreed upon meeting place. Tyco Rd. would work for me as I work around the corner.

Those with an 09/29 delivery date may want to call their IDA. I checked in with my IDA via e-mail today to find out that my car arrived at the sales center last night and has passed their QA check ahead of delivery, so I rescheduled for Thursday afternoon. Hoping for an uneventful personal inspection and drive off this Thursday.

Reactions: tvisdog
I fall into the line jumper category.
Ordered/configured: 09/14/18
Matched/VIN assigned: 09/14/18
Delivery scheduled: 09/17/18 > 09/16/18 > 09/19/18 > 09/29/18 > 09/27/18

P3D+, midnight silver metallic, black interior

Yeah, but you ordered Performance. Elon has been pretty clear those take priority.

I get aggravated when I see other dual motor (non-performance) configs reserve and order later, only to receive their cars sooner.

@the_danimal, I received the below text message at 12:04 AM Today(like many others) from 510 area code

"Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"

Did you receive any such message?

@the_danimal, I received the below text message at 12:04 AM Today(like many others) from 510 area code

"Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?"

Did you receive any such message?

I did too. Something tells me Tyson’s doesn’t have “extra” cars. That this was a blanket message sent to most folks still waiting.

I just got he below response from the same number I received the earlier text.

"Thank you for confirming your availability this weekend. We will reach out to schedule your appointment as soon as we get a firm date on when your vehicle will be ready for delivery."

I did too. Something tells me Tyson’s doesn’t have “extra” cars. That this was a blanket message sent to most folks still waiting.
I am also not optimistic of anything happening before this weekend.

Cross mine off the list.

Ordered/configured: 09/14/18
Matched/VIN assignaed: 09/14/18
Delivery scheduled: 09/17/18 > 09/16/18 > 09/19/18 > 09/29/18 > 09/27/18
Delivered: 09/27/18

Delivery and personal inspection was uneventful, which was just how I wanted it. I am monitoring water in the trunk but the trunk lid itself drips water into the trunk upon opening so I couldn't tell if the moisture in the trunk was from that or a bad seal elsewhere. It's raining pretty hard today so I'll go back out later for the wife to pick up the old car and monitor the situation.

What's interesting was I waited for 10 minutes for my 4:00PM delivery (got there early) and overheard a couple of pep talks from either managers, team leads, or those types with other staff. They were basically trying to keep morale up with the staff. I feel for them and on the outside, the mood and atmosphere today was staid and professional. Hoping everyone else gets their cars soon.

I just called the Tesla Delivery number. Still no car for me. They don't have any cars matching my configuration. Still being asked to wait for few more weeks for update on when I will get my car. This FIA is killing me.
Any one scheduled for delivery at Tysons for a Red AWD Model 3 with 19" wheels?