Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They came that way, already attached. I think you would need to discuss that directly with the seller by messaging before any purchase. AliExpress has a "no can do" policy about "look alike" or counterfeit items. Since my purchase, I noticed that the seller ( BLUEYANG Store ) has revised the listing to add a note saying...

View attachment 840527

There are also different versions of this same product with minor variations. It could be that the manufacturer is making design changes for whatever reason. So, listing photos may be out of date. AliExpress sellers may not even be aware that features have changed slightly.

If you have a USA shipping address and want to play it safe, look for the Free Return icon just below the Add to Cart button.

View attachment 840541
Interesting. I just got mine in today and they didn’t have the Tesla logo caps. There are plain black caps with adhesive on the backside.

It took a month to get them. I no longer need these since I’m in the process of buying a model S and will be selling my 3.

(moderator note)

For some reason, brand new accounts keep joining TMC to post about how great the item in the first post is. Note that I do not believe the first post was intending to do astroturf, but these brand new accounts that are joining definitely seem to be.

"Astroturf" = vendors pretending to be regular users talking about how great a product is. Since this seems to be the case, this is a general warning that any brand new account that joins to post about the product in the first post will likely be banned.

(moderator note)

For some reason, brand new accounts keep joining TMC to post about how great the item in the first post is. Note that I do not believe the first post was intending to do astroturf, but these brand new accounts that are joining definitely seem to be.

"Astroturf" = vendors pretending to be regular users talking about how great a product is. Since this seems to be the case, this is a general warning that any brand new account that joins to post about the product in the first post will likely be banned.
I know im new, but you can see I took delivery of a 3 not long ago. Nor did I ever say how great this product was, only that I got them in today.

Yes, I found all the "protective tape" in the third box I opened (four individual boxes within one big box). The adhesive backed foam tape provided is very poor quality and maybe not suitable for this application. Was thinking about buying some 3M Paint Protective Film (PPF) and cutting it in strips, which I'd apply to the rims instead of the hubcaps.

The "Gun Ash" color paint looks metallic in bright light. Some very fine metallic sparkle.

View attachment 840233
Do you have a picture of your car with the cover on? I purchased a set and looking forward to seeing it in fact.

I just realized that the vanes of the wheel covers are in opposite directions than the original Uberturbine wheels.
43B88BEB-9CB7-4796-8011-707E7C91211C.jpeg
1C55ABEC-63C7-4C45-AA5A-20C5B371C12E.jpeg

Finally received my wheel covers last night. Mine actually came with the foam strips already installed on them which was nice. My Tesla “T” center piece shipped separately and two were slightly bent. Can’t really tell once installed. Overall looks very clean.

Attachments

• A9031B8E-E35C-4CCB-8652-84EA5B6CA0C4.jpeg
    A9031B8E-E35C-4CCB-8652-84EA5B6CA0C4.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 367
  • CA9E38AE-B1C4-4B6B-99DB-9090C9056835.jpeg
    CA9E38AE-B1C4-4B6B-99DB-9090C9056835.jpeg
    949.3 KB · Views: 374