Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uberturbine Aero Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I‘m Interested in these and am curious if anyone has real world data as to if there is any efficiency gains or is that claim just marketing?
Someone posted a test upthread:
Uberturbine Aero Covers

I would say it's probably within margin of error. I would be happy if there is no significant loss vs the aero wheels, I wouldn't bank on there being real world gains personally.

Reactions: Wnuk
Is the only US seller of these yeslak? Looking for something reasonably priced that is not going to take a month from China

Is the only US seller of these yeslak? Looking for something reasonably priced that is not going to take a month from China

I bought from Yikun and chose the ships from Amazon option (otherwise it would ship from China), but it was $250 when I bought it (they since raised the price to $300):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B6CBQBSS/

There is now another seller listing for $240 (with $20 coupon available) that also ships from Amazon. You can try that. Amazon currently is running on holiday returns so returns extend to January 31, 2023 if you run into any problems with the item.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDK6CS4Z/?th=1

I got these from Yeslak and received them in 23 days. I think they were shipped from China. Just looked into the product link, noticed that they currently ship from a US warehouse. The shipping may be faster.
1666538995747.png

Reactions: Hammer Bro
Reactions: enemji
Those that have the covers on....any tips for removing them? I wanted to pop them off before going to the local America's Tire to get my tires rotated (b/c i don't trust they would pop them off carefully), but the center section wouldn't release. The outer clips all released fine but when trying to get the center popped out, the outer part of the covers felt like they might break so I aborted for now. Any tips from those have got them off?

Those that have the covers on....any tips for removing them? I wanted to pop them off before going to the local America's Tire to get my tires rotated (b/c i don't trust they would pop them off carefully), but the center section wouldn't release. The outer clips all released fine but when trying to get the center popped out, the outer part of the covers felt like they might break so I aborted for now. Any tips from those have got them off?
The OEM ones for me on the 2021 feel the same way. I don't have very good tips for removing even those. I just release some of the spokes (this is easy to do by pushing the spoke clips with your hands) and then pull hard to release center (there is no way to use hands to release the center hub clips). Even so I broke one of the plastic bits on the center ring, which I had to glue back. Not sure how these aftermarket ones differ (I haven't put mine on yet).

But to make it much easier next time, for the OEM ones I put some superlube oil (bought it in a small tube with applicator tip) on the plastic bits where it interfaces with wheel hub.
Amazon.com

Picture is of the old version, but talking about the plastic bits holding the ring in the middle. You can see there are four plastic tabs that interface with the wheel hub. Basically when you push in the wheel cover, the wheel hub pushes against those plastic tabs, which in turn compresses the ring in the middle. With some lube on where the tabs interfaces with the wheel hub, the cap pops in and out easily in the center. I apply new lube every time before I put the cap on.
Tesla-Model-3-aeros-reverse-1024x919.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: funkadelic
I wonder if these uberturbine wheel caps would look nice in silver?
I wonder that too. I'm considering painting mine silver (like the performance rims), but going to try them in black first to make sure there are no issues, in case I need to do a return, and if I like them as is. I have a MSM car, so having silver wheels may add some contrast instead of everything being dark.