Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ughhh... Another random factory reset. Anyone else?

RefreshedP

Dec 1, 2020
Ontario
Hey guys, for the 3rd time in the 2 or so months. My car (21 m3p) has basically factory reset itself. Losing all settings, phone keys and mobile phone key connectivity. All three times have started with a frozen screen. I've had to reset the screen with the scroll buttons. When my screen comes back online. Everything is gone and the nav thinks the car is in california. At least until I start driving. Small annoyances, yes. But a pain in the ass. For such a "technically advanced car" I've never been plagued with so many issues in a new car. (2021.4.15)

Last edited:

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I would make a service appointment, I have never had the car lose all settings like that and I have had mine 2+ years. I would note down the time / dates it happened so that hopefully tesla service center can trouble shoot it, but no thats not normal.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC