Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dumb question. - factory reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a 2022 Plaid with only 500 km on it. This thing is a beast! Honestly, I can’t believe how hard it accelerates and how immediate everything is about the car. What a sweet machine, I absolutely love it. 😍

So it took Tesla a few days to transfer the ownership over to app and we’ve been driving it and customizing it, etc. Before I go further, I’m wondering if I should do a factory reset? The answer seems like an obvious yes, but I’m lazy and I’ve already put a fair bit into the interface. I’ve killed the previously connected phones. There’s no contacts listed. No address is in NAV etc. What do you think?

Thanks very much!

Don't do it if you have lifetime free super charge it wipes it out .
I find this hard to believe, Although Factory Reset should wipe out this, free connectivity, FSD, and all other factory maintained settings, unless there is a bug in the firmware, all factory default settings should restore the car back to as delivered, as it loads back many initial "settings" from the original factory setup. Certainly you won't lose the setting permanently. Service may need to restore any wrongly restored settings over the air.

Upvote 0
When I performed a Factory Reset as I was preparing to sell it, The message: Fuse replacement required. Ok to drive car.
Turned out to be a bogus message, but sure threw a monkey wrench into the selling process.
YMMV.
Definitely not something I would like to see dealing with all the rigmarole of selling a car in Ontario! Thanks for letting me know.

Upvote 0