Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uhhh i just picked up an inventory white a stealth p with 19 inch wheels for 51,990.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think Tesla wants to sell Stealth cars any more. They would rather sell either AWD cars with the boost upgrade or full Performance cars. I don’t see that changing unless demand softens. The stealth was a lever they used to stimulate demand for Performance cars. They don’t seem to need to use that lever any more.
You might be right - I found a 2018 performance black/black for $47k last night on Tesla's site. I jumped on it as it seems like a pretty good deal for the full performance, but we'll see how it shakes out - given my last experience I'm holding my breath until i know more - I gave up the $5k rebate for my state but given that performance may never go under 55k I'm satisfied with that price

I have still heard nothing at all -- considering calling my local dealer.
Good chance that will get it cancelled, but who knows if staying quiet will get you the car either

I'm currently trying to bitch storm my way to get them to waive the $2k delivery fee for the used P3D I bought on their site. Given they still haven't refunded my original $100 order fee and refuse to give me any reason other than "came from the factory they're not producing" as to why my order didn't go through I'm holding out hope, otherwise I'll end up cancelling the second order and continue to scour locally

I called my local Tesla dealer - they told me that I was unmatched from my inventory vehicle because it was too far for them to transport. My order was converted from inventory to a new custom build (hence the $59,790 pricing shown on my order page), and as such the discounted pricing would not apply.

My options are to pay $60k for a stealth performance with 19" wheels (absurd), cancel my order and see if they give me my order fee back, or change to a LR.

I called my local Tesla dealer - they told me that I was unmatched from my inventory vehicle because it was too far for them to transport. My order was converted from inventory to a new custom build (hence the $59,790 pricing shown on my order page), and as such the discounted pricing would not apply.

My options are to pay $60k for a stealth performance with 19" wheels (absurd), cancel my order and see if they give me my order fee back, or change to a LR.

They will definitely give you your money back, especially since you have a pdf in your inbox showing the 52990 price and the error was on their end. What a dumb run-around they're playing with the pricing of the stealths.

They will definitely give you your money back, especially since you have a pdf in your inbox showing the 52990 price and the error was on their end. What a dumb run-around they're playing with the pricing of the stealths.

I think I'm just going to change it to a LR, take the NJ rebate in July, and sell it for a Cybertruck in 2-3 years.

Crappy situation for those that purchased these.
The fact they do not automatically refund the $100 is total BS. Confident they will in time.

The only time I have heard of "deals" is at quarter end. Right now mid quarter timeframe I have never heard of anyone getting anything.
Trying to negotiate a good deal now is only going to lead to more frustration on your end in my opinion.

If you are in no rush for a new car, I would probably wait this out a little.
If they get slow and need to push some sales near quarter end maybe the SA will come crawling back to you with an offer mid March or so.
If they stay busy selling cars, forget it you won't get any deal.

Or forget about chasing the "deal" and just buy what you want now.

Update: Just spoke to my advisor who claimed he "escalated up the chain to senior management" and they are declining to honor the lower price. I told him that some folks reported that their advisor honored the price and he basically told me those people are probably lying.

Anyways he said the $100 order fee will be refunded back to my payment source and i should have it in a few days time. This sucks.

Something similar happened to me, except they told me that the vehicle was unmatched from my order because the factory wouldn't be producing the car. The options available to me at that point were the same as well.

I don’t think Tesla wants to sell Stealth cars any more. They would rather sell either AWD cars with the boost upgrade or full Performance cars. I don’t see that changing unless demand softens. The stealth was a lever they used to stimulate demand for Performance cars. They don’t seem to need to use that lever any more.

I think they're perfectly happy to sell stealth performance cars; what they don't want to do is erode the margins on the P3D by selling them for less money.

I think they're perfectly happy to sell stealth performance cars; what they don't want to do is erode the margins on the P3D by selling them for less money.

Well yes of course they are happy to sell you a Stealth at full Performance pricing but from a practical standpoint how many people are going to pay full price and not take the upgrade that used to cost an extra $5K?

Well yes of course they are happy to sell you a Stealth at full Performance pricing but from a practical standpoint how many people are going to pay full price and not take the upgrade that used to cost an extra $5K?
I'm sure there will be a few, but of course nowhere near the number of people who bought stealth cars before the price increase. Tesla probably did some analysis to determine whether the extra margin contributed by people who would have bought an LR AWD but instead opted for a P3D- outweighs the loss of margin due to those who would have bought a P3D+ opting for a P3D- instead and came up with a "no". Then again, this is Tesla we're talking about, so the decision could have just as easily been made by a trained groundhog.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
I'm sure there will be a few, but of course nowhere near the number of people who bought stealth cars before the price increase. Tesla probably did some analysis to determine whether the extra margin contributed by people who would have bought an LR AWD but instead opted for a P3D- outweighs the loss of margin due to those who would have bought a P3D+ opting for a P3D- instead and came up with a "no". Then again, this is Tesla we're talking about, so the decision could have just as easily been made by a trained groundhog.

Would be curious to know Telsa's actually cost on those upgrades.
The software is free to them so for every old stealth they sold they made $2K more than any AWD sale.
Those big rims, brakes and nice tires are not cheap even if the spoiler, pedals are.

Depending on the extra part cost the increased profit for a P3D+ sale may not be much better at least as a percentage (profit margin)
Don't understand why they will not price the Stealth in between, margin wise it could then be their best model 3 and would still be attractive to many buyers. Charge $4K more than the AWD, people buy it and Telsa cleans up.

There's no way they are going to produce any more $2k stealths with an $8k stealth order option present. Can you imagine paying $8k for a stealth and then some other dude gets an off-menu $2k stealth at the same time? And the site has been this way long enough that we know its not the typical Tesla website snafu. So, if you missed the $2k stealth gravy train, sorry, you're out of luck - you snooze, you lose :p

There's no way they are going to produce any more $2k stealths with an $8k stealth order option present. Can you imagine paying $8k for a stealth and then some other dude gets an off-menu $2k stealth at the same time? And the site has been this way long enough that we know its not the typical Tesla website snafu. So, if you missed the $2k stealth gravy train, sorry, you're out of luck - you snooze, you lose :p

Nobody in their right mind would buy a stealth performance with it being the same price. My guess is they were selling way too many stealths so they figured they'd just price them out, and people who want the fast one bad enough will just pay the extra $6k.

Unfortunately, the Performance is just barely over NJ's EV rebate price limit of $55k.