Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Number Plate Full Removal - Can Anyone Help?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great. I purchased a vinyl plate for the front (not yet fitted), but much prefer the look of your plastic/metal plate attached to the front.
How did you get it to sit on the curved bumper?
For the rear you just push it directly onto the panel with the middle of the plate making contact first. The plate will curve to hug the panel. It has plenty of bend available to it so don't worry. The tape is really strong too (It was extremely difficult to try and pull it off again) so there's no chance of it coming loose or off.

Edit - I've just realised you mean the front. Once you pull the surround trim off and the plate holder is unscrewed (two crossheads) the back plastic mounting panel is flat. I put 3M tape on all the surfaces of that plastic panel and pushed the plate onto that. The plate sits flat onto that with each end slightly away from the bumper, as per the original plate setup.

Looks great. I purchased a vinyl plate for the front (not yet fitted), but much prefer the look of your plastic/metal plate attached to the front.
I assume its attached to the back part of the mounting plate, as @Nick77 mentioned in his earlier post?

I'd be interested to know if not, as looks like a good job and is exactly what I plan to do.

Reactions: Nick77

I also followed the line btc1k described at the front, disposed of the tacky black plastic Tesla frame and simply screwed the original metal number plate to the black plastic mount that is screwed to the front of the car. It deals with the curves and allows the number plate to sit a little away from the front bumper.
Front Numberplate.jpg
Front Plate from Above.jpg

The highly polished surface of the car makes it difficult to photograph...but I think the idea is clear.

I have new "German Style" pressed metal plates on order and will fix them with double sided tape.

I also followed the line btc1k described at the front, disposed of the tacky black plastic Tesla frame and simply screwed the original metal number plate to the black plastic mount that is screwed to the front of the car. It deals with the curves and allows the number plate to sit a little away from the front bumper. View attachment 678817View attachment 678818

The highly polished surface of the car makes it difficult to photograph...but I think the idea is clear.

I have new "German Style" pressed metal plates on order and will fix them with double sided tape.
Looks great.

Leaves me thinking why they couldn't have done such a clean install from the factory!