Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK (Scotland, Fife) install question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short update. Voltix came out this evening specifically to check the gas bonding. Didn't get the guy's name (shame on me) but he was very knowledgeable and tried to explain everything required for a simpleton like me (quick aside: I work in science and am ok with fairly complex stuff but when it comes to electrical talk my brain refuses to cooperate). I'm not sure I fully understood but I appreciated him taking the time.

In short, my gas is already bonded. He explained often when people can't see it they assume it isn't. He got his multimeter out and did some tests round about the boiler pipes etc and said it absolutely is bonded. Result! He was quite surprised that the other installer had just looked for bonding and hadn't tested for it.

Anyway. Looks like I have my installer at the lowest price of the three quotes (frugal fifer) and as an added bonus they are local to me (I like the idea of supporting a local business). I certainly felt confident in them. And they took the time to talk through everything else associated with the install as well as a discussion on EVs.

So thanks to Toblerone and craig_edi for recommending them.