Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra-bright BLUE LED Interior Light Upgrade Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

taoty

Jun 24, 2017
Anyone know where I can purchase what the title notes?

IN BLUE?
not white, which on Amazon you can buy white:
Ultra-bright LED Interior Light Upgrade Kit for the Tesla Model S & X (4 pack)

Really wanting Blue for my Model S.

thanks.

Anyone know where I can purchase what the title notes?

IN BLUE?
not white, which on Amazon you can buy white:
Ultra-bright LED Interior Light Upgrade Kit for the Tesla Model S & X (4 pack)

Really wanting Blue for my Model S.

thanks.

Just got a pair of the blue LEDs from Abstract Ocean, having found their puddle lights to be excellent. These blue lights will go into the forward footwells, replacing the stock white variants.

As an FYI, the passenger side light came out fairly easily, much like the puddle lights in the doors did. And the blue is a nice improvement over the stock white, dare I say.

However, I had more difficulty than expected with the driver's side footwell light. Try as I might, it would not budge - or spudge, as the case may be.

Coincidentally the next day, I had another SvC appointment, and at the end of it I asked for some help with the recalcitrant light. Turns out that, per one of the Tesla staff/techs, the driver's side light assembly *is glued* to the surrounding plastic panel. Their solution was to order another panel (to which the light is glued) and then we'll replace both at the same time. The panel itself is attached with screws.

Soooooooo... if you're under yer own steering wheel trying to get leverage to spudge out the driver's side footwell light assembly, and it's just not spudging, it may not be you. Yer light assembly (the plastic housing and clip around the LED) may actually be glued to the surrounding panel.

Go figure.

So you can either cut through the glue, in which case yer a better and far more flexible man than I, or you can consider just ordering another plastic panel, unscrewing the original, disconnecting the LED wiring clip, and reversing the process with the new blue version.