Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra what seats - How do they hold up ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone could share their experience with the Premium ultra white seats and how they have held up over time. Are they a nightmare to keep clean ? Do they get stained very easily under normal use ?
Thanks!

I wear jeans less than half of the time and I had transfer on my driver's seat that was noticeable after 5000 miles. At 20,000 miles, it's a pretty visible blue patchwork smear along the sides and bottom of the seat back.

Immediate dirt/mess/spill/etc. cleans up pretty well, but dye transfer is a significant problem.

Wow! Thanks for sharing these experiences. Looks like going with white seats also means purchasing new pants :)
I suppose, other than trying to clean the seats somewhat regularly (or going with black seats) is the only option.

Interesting comments above that I have not experienced. Delivery of ultra white MS75 in March 2017. I have about 38,000 miles (I drive a lot). The seats have zero spots - zero stains - zero issues with jeans and I wear them some of the time. Only issue I have had was with a worn panel on the A-Pillar (before auto entry was enabled) which Tesla agreed to replace but after nine months I have not been notified the part is available and frankly I have not followed up.

My experience is these clean up easier than leather. Also, no creases in the material that others have complained of.

• Informative
Reactions: masam
We've had the ultra white seats in our 2017 S 100D since March last year and almost 25K miles - and the seats are still in perfect condition - no visible wear - not stains or marks.

When we enter the car with damp, sweaty or dirty clothing, we will cover the seats temporarily to protect them - and that's been enough to avoid any staining of the seats.

Rather than spending a lot of $$$ for temporary seat covers (which we use just for short drives, before we get changed), we purchased two ultra white bath sheets and a snap kit from Hobby Lobby (to install snaps to loop the towels over the headrests). We did this with our 2012 S P85, and those seats were still in great condition when we traded it in last month after almost 100K miles.

We've had such a great experience with the ultra white seats, that we included them in the purchase of our new X 100D (delivered last month) - and bought another set of ultra white bath sheets to use as temporary seat covers.

We also carry a pack of baby wipes in both of our ultra white interior Tesla's - and if we notice a smudge or mark, we've been able to quickly remove them using the wipes.

Others are reporting similar positive experiences with the ultra white seats. The local Tesla store told us the non-leather premium seats hold up better in their demonstration vehicles.

So it's possible to get the ultra white seats - and keep them ultra white...

Reactions: Pinot.Noir