Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultra White Seats: Aftermarket Interior Coating (Modesta, Ceramic Pro, etc)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently shopping for PPF and ceramic coating for my Model 3 with ultra white seats, and at least one reputable installer suggested interior coating to protect the ultra white seats. I am posting in the Model X forum because the Model X has had ultra white seats as an option for the longest period of time, and a quick search of past threads did not have much information regarding aftermarket interior coating.

1. If you installed aftermarket interior coating (Modesta, Ceramic Pro, etc), please share your experiences and if it made the seats easier to clean or less likely to collect dirt than with just the factory coating.

2. Will aftermarket interior coating negatively affect the long term durability of the ultra white factory coating?

Please feel free to weigh in or share any experiences you have. Thanks!

I've had my Model X for 8 months now and installed PPF and Ceramic Pro at the 4 month mark to both the interior and exterior of my car. To be completely honest, I haven't noticed a huge difference. My seats don't feel weird like WelcomeWagon possibly suggested. With that being said though, I've always had a small bottle of soap/water and a microfiber towel in the glove compartment. After finding light stains or dirt, a quick spray and wipe completely removes it.

The only visible stain (very minor) that I haven't been able to completely get rid of is within the stitching of my passenger seat that runs a few inches long. We got a new puppy last week and he threw up on his first car ride home. Its extremely minor but just knowing that its there kills me because of my OCD.

In terms of long term durability, I haven't noticed any negative affects in the four months I've had it applied. The extra interior application gives me peace of mind. At the end of the day, enjoy it! I still love my white on white color scheme as it shines like no other.