Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ultrasonic sensor issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have an issue that I tried to remedy by th edouble button reset.
SO I use to be able to get the beeps when pulling into the garage going forward if I'm close to something. Now I dont get that or any sense of parking sensors when going slow. BUT if i put it in reverse I can get all the sensors to show up and distance showing. Just not forward. ALso when I'm on autopiliot it will not let me lane change now with this error:
IMG_0410.jpg

Any ideas. Service was not taking in any walkins at Highland Park.

There might be some wiring that came loose from the sensor. Or a sensor just went bad. More likely a wire connection somewhere came loose. If it has worked all this time, likely rattles and bumps from the road maybe knocked it loose as it could be loose already to begin with.

Have an issue that I tried to remedy by th edouble button reset.
SO I use to be able to get the beeps when pulling into the garage going forward if I'm close to something. Now I dont get that or any sense of parking sensors when going slow. BUT if i put it in reverse I can get all the sensors to show up and distance showing. Just not forward. ALso when I'm on autopiliot it will not let me lane change now with this error:
View attachment 409280

Any ideas. Service was not taking in any walkins at Highland Park.

Was this ever fixed? Having this issue now.
Thanks

Anyone figure out the issue with this? Just noticed this morning on my drive. Haven't had a chance to try reboot but I did log with service.

Issue is the SC replaced a bumper on Friday and I had tints done yesterday so I'm not quite sure which may have caused the issue (wire not plugged in from bumper replacement or water damage to sensor from tints??)

I'm having the same issue. Got a hitch installed yesterday. Lane departure avoidance warning constant since. Noticed NoA would not change lane to the right. All sensors look like working when going reverse though. One month delay for appointment with SC...

As a follow up, in my case it was the rear right lights that the installer forgot to reconnect, so my blinker was not working. That's why autopilot would not change lane to the right. The warning "Lane Departure Avoidance Limited" was not specific and clear enough. Would have been easier to just tell me the blinker did not work !

Reactions: electricM3