TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UMC waterproof?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by Watts 4 Me, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Watts 4 Me

Watts 4 Me Member

Is the UMC waterproof? Can I leave it outside connected while it's raining? Or should it be covered?

2. notAnExpert

notAnExpert Member

From the manual

Warning: Protect the Mobile Connector from moisture, water and foreign objects at all times. If any exist or appear to have corroded or damaged the Mobile Connector, do not use the Mobile Connector.

Warning: If rain falls during charging, do not allow rain water to run along the length of charge cable, causing the electrical outlet or charging port to become wet.

Warning: Do not plug the Mobile Connector into an electrical outlet that is submerged in water or covered in snow. If, in this situation, the Mobile Connector is already plugged in and needs to be unplugged, turn off the breaker before unplugging the Mobile Connector.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1