Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UMC Charges at 8 amp even though the tail is rated 10 amp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I took delivery of a Performance Model Y a few weeks ago.

It came with a UMC and the 10amp tail part number is 1463091-10-C, AU Adaptor 10 10A 250v

When I charge the car it only charges at 8amp

What are the exact steps to have the UMC firmware updated so I can charge at 10amp?

I have tried plugging the UMC in, the car is set not to charge, the car is locked, the UMC green lights are on, the car makes clunking noises, however the UMC does not update?

Any suggestions are appreciated :)

Thanks

Hi

I took delivery of a Performance Model Y a few weeks ago.
It came with a UMC and the 10amp tail part number is 1463091-10-C, AU Adaptor 10 10A 250v
When I charge the car it only charges at 8amp
What are the exact steps to have the UMC firmware updated so I can charge at 10amp?
As I understand it, you just need to plug the UMC in to the powerpoint and the car. Then make sure the charge limit is BELOW the current charge (so it doesn't actually charge). Leave it for a few hours to do the firmware update on the UMC/Tail. I'm doing this now. I'll report back later if this doesn't work for me.

btw, this posting is more focused on Australia and would have got my replies if posted in the Australian sub forums.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Upvote 0
I haven't had much success in trying to upgrade the AU 10 10A 250V tail following the steps.

i. Home is defined and Charge level is set below the current battery level
ii. Car is connected to wifi and all doors closed
iii. Unplugged UMC, plugged into mains, powered on and then connected to the car
iv. Wait a few hours

Also tried increasing the Charge level by 1% and letting it do a short charge/wait a few hours.

And my new MYLR has been plugged into the charger for the past couple of days without it doing anything to enable 10A charging.

I will probably try to fully power off/on the whole car and see if that helps.

Upvote 0