Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to share route from phone to second Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own 2 Tesla MY and we are getting ready to go on a road trip with our second MY. I’ve saved all our routes on my phone and I’m unable to share with the second car. Whenever I share the route with the car it defaults to our first Tesla MY. I’m unable to select which car to share it with. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks.

A lot depends upon how you've got the accounts and drivers set up. The SO over here has one account and a car associated with it; my account has the other car associated with it. Then, on both accounts, the account owner has given permission for the other driver to have access.

Once we did all that, interestingly, the account login email addresses ([email protected]) can be made to show up in both cars, associated with both the account owner and the "allowed driver", one for each profile.

I just checked: I can very definitely send an address to the SO's car from the Location menu on the app.

Next: Left the Tesla app running with the SO's car showing. Went to Apple Maps on my iPhone, located some $RANDOM address I knew a hundred miles from here, hit the Share button, shared it with Tesla, and it claimed that it sent it to the name of the SO's car.

Um. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0
I own 2 Tesla MY and we are getting ready to go on a road trip with our second MY. I’ve saved all our routes on my phone and I’m unable to share with the second car. Whenever I share the route with the car it defaults to our first Tesla MY. I’m unable to select which car to share it with. Anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks.

Select the car you want to share with in the Tesla app on your phone (i.e. swipe left or right to get it on the screen). Then switch to the app you want to share from (i.e. Apple Maps, Google Maps, etc.), and share with "Tesla".

Bruce.

Upvote 0