Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Undocumented Amazing Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I was on my way to a wedding and didn't have the right clothes on and no where to stop, so we stopped the car and I climbed into the back seat to change my clothes. It was hot so I turned on the AC and amazingly, the REAR AC turned on. Yes the rear AC. I was amazed. Perhaps it detected my phone or perhaps there is a sensor, I don't know.

When I was dressed I entered the car into the driver's seat, turned off the AC and on again and the rear AC didn't turn on so it detected me somehow.

If there are any more undocumented amazing features I would like to know?

Like how to quickly re-arrange my favorites list or how to increase or decrease the fan speed simply like the Model S.

Recently, I was on my way to a wedding and didn't have the right clothes on and no where to stop, so we stopped the car and I climbed into the back seat to change my clothes. It was hot so I turned on the AC and amazingly, the REAR AC turned on. Yes the rear AC. I was amazed. Perhaps it detected my phone or perhaps there is a sensor, I don't know.

When I was dressed I entered the car into the driver's seat, turned off the AC and on again and the rear AC didn't turn on so it detected me somehow.

If there are any more undocumented amazing features I would like to know?

Like how to quickly re-arrange my favorites list or how to increase or decrease the fan speed simply like the Model S.
There's a weight sensor under the seat.

This may be documented but most people don’t think about.

If you need to turn a light on in the car. You don’t need to have all lights turned on from the touch screen. The light itself is the button. Press the light lens and just that one will come on

• Helpful
Reactions: Dana1
There's a weight sensor under the seat.

Did not know about this...I always have to manually turn it on for my infant in his child seat, so I am surprised that it isn't picking up this weight, but maybe he is not enough. On the other hand, when my dog walks around back there, sometimes the "no seatbelt" alert pops up, so the dog is definitely triggering the weight sensor.

• Funny
Reactions: Dana1