Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uneven tire wear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By chance I noticed this looking under the car. Last Mercedes did this too on one wheel. I'm upset that the tire is messed up when there seems to be so much tread left on the tires. My main concern is this happening again. If I buy new tires, will alignment fix this or is there not enough adjustment? Car is using unplugged performance spring put in by previous owner with I'm guessing Max drop. Also, is it still safe to drive on for a bit? I was thinking of inflating the tires more so they wear in the middle. Not long term or anything, but I don't know how quick I can get tires.

Attachments

• PXL_20210928_201653840.jpg
    PXL_20210928_201653840.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 255
Yes that is normal when you lower your car. essentially uneven wear due to imbalance suspension.

IF your NOT spirit driving (like turning the car, not straight line) the car I would take those springs off. Unless you like the way it looks ? I prefer how it performance over looks.

Yes that is normal when you lower your car. essentially uneven wear due to imbalance suspension.

IF your NOT spirit driving (like turning the car, not straight line) the car I would take those springs off. Unless you like the way it looks ? I prefer how it performance over looks.
No, its a pain the car is too low, but not really looking forward to paying roughly 1100 dollars between springs and install to replace them. Alignment should fix though for next set right?

Yes. too low of a car is a horrible way to drive if you really don't need it. just imagine the car being pressed down for "better center of gravity"

I had purchased an ICE from a kid who cut their springs to give an illusion of a lowered car and the same day I took the car home I was unable to even drive up my own driveway. Pulled it off the next day.

An alignment will fix it temporally but it will go back to negative camber as the spring/suspension was intended to do so. The root issue is performance spring.

You might get lucky and find another model 3 with your configuration who may sell their stock suspension ? maybe check fb marketplace/ offerup/ craigslist in your area ?

Yes. too low of a car is a horrible way to drive if you really don't need it. just imagine the car being pressed down for "better center of gravity"

I had purchased an ICE from a kid who cut their springs to give an illusion of a lowered car and the same day I took the car home I was unable to even drive up my own driveway. Pulled it off the next day.

An alignment will fix it temporally but it will go back to negative camber as the spring/suspension was intended to do so. The root issue is performance spring.

You might get lucky and find another model 3 with your configuration who may sell their stock suspension ? maybe check fb marketplace/ offerup/ craigslist in your area ?
I'm gonna get another set of unplugged performance I think, problem is I don't know which springs are on there. Place that did the car says they are moderate, but the car is slammed for moderate and moderate aren't an option for the performance model. I'm hoping when the tires are off, I can get some serial numbers today and confirm with unplugged what I actually have on the car.

3 out of 4 tires were bad

Attachments

• PXL_20210930_222617349.jpg
    PXL_20210930_222617349.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20210930_221145588.jpg
    PXL_20210930_221145588.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 116
  • PXL_20210930_215210668.jpg
    PXL_20210930_215210668.jpg
    578.4 KB · Views: 89
  • PXL_20210930_215159832.jpg