Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

unfortunate scratch- TYIA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed a very large scratch on my 2023 tesla model y today. I have kept the car in immaculate condition and this one really hurt ngl. Would appreciate feedback on whether I could possibly fix this myself. I purchased this, arriving tomorrow: Meguiar's Quik Scratch Eraser Kit, Car Scratch Remover for Repairing Surface Blemishes, Car Care Kit with ScratchX, Drill-Mounted Pad, and Microfiber Towel,

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 97
Polish isn't going to help the plastic trim around the wheel.
From the picture, it's challenging to tell - but it looks like in some areas, the color coat of the paint is gone - so it will never look the same unless it gets painted.

Some of the white scratches may clean up, and the scratch eraser kit may help - but it will never look like it did before, unless it gets repainted by someone who does body work.

A lot of that looks like paint transfer. WD-40, a microfiber towel, and a lot of rubbing may take a lot of that off.

The next step would be to try the Meguiar's ScratchX. I never bought the kit, but I have purchased just the ScratchX at Walmart and had good success with it. It's not going to heal deep scratches, but it will help with scratches in the clearcoat.

Nothing is going to get scratches out of the plastic. That piece is called a "Fender Garnish," and if it really bothers you, you can buy the part from Tesla and replace it yourself. It just snaps off/on.

Noticed a very large scratch on my 2023 tesla model y today. I have kept the car in immaculate condition and this one really hurt ngl. Would appreciate feedback on whether I could possibly fix this myself. I purchased this, arriving tomorrow: Meguiar's Quik Scratch Eraser Kit, Car Scratch Remover for Repairing Surface Blemishes, Car Care Kit with ScratchX, Drill-Mounted Pad, and Microfiber Towel,

Unfortunately I just noticed a really similar scratch on my new Tesla Model Y as well, and I'm stumped on what caused it.

Did you ever figure out what caused your scratch, and were you able to get it fixed yourself, or did you have to take it to a body shop? Trying to figure out what I need to do to get it fixed so any info you can share on costs or what worked would help! Thanks in advance.