Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Units of Distance added during last charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla app in my iPhone shows the “distance added” during the last charging session in kilometers (I’m in the USA) instead of miles. The State of Charge is shown in miles but I would rather it show the “distance added” in miles also. Is there any way to change this? Thanks in advance if you have a solution.
1E1E7DFE-528F-43F2-B5C5-242CD337A667.png

If you switch the car display to percentage instead of miles the app tells you the kwh added during the last charge instead of range miles - an actually useful number. :)
Percent versus miles is really just a matter of personal preference. Both are based upon the same fundamental measurements with neither being more accurate or inaccurate than the other. In reality, one if just a direct unit transformation of the other (I pull both from the API with my logging program and if you do the division, you'll find a fixed Wh/mi constant).

Which is more useful is purely personal preference.

Percent versus miles is really just a matter of personal preference. Both are based upon the same fundamental measurements with neither being more accurate or inaccurate than the other. In reality, one if just a direct unit transformation of the other (I pull both from the API with my logging program and if you do the division, you'll find a fixed Wh/mi constant).

Which is more useful is purely personal preference.
No, it’s actually not. Miles is directly proportional to the amount of usable energy in the battery. Percentage is proportional to….what? Since you don’t know what 100% is at any moment, and it will change as the battery ages, percentage tells you nothing.

if you like throwing away useful information, choose percentage.

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd