Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial Road Trip Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ron,

When you get an opportunity would you please provide a brief review of this hotel and your charging experience over at this thread:

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

By the way, do you happen to know whether this hotel is also referred to as the Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club?

Thanks.

Larry

It is not the same hotel, and there is no charging station at the hotel. The charging station is at the Tampa Time Forum (where the Lightning play). I walked to the hotel from there.

While checking on the status of my car on chargepoint.com it showed me a map that included other Chargepoint stations. I was surprised to note that an even closer garage had one. I had assumed (incorrectly) that Plugshare.com had ALL of the chargepoint chargers. Now I know that it is prudent to check all 3: Plugshare, Chargepoint, and Allstays Free. So now my car is topping off for the last time before my return trip tomorrow night. The new place is indoors, and doesn't balk at overnight parking like the Times Forum did.

I ordered my S in March, 2009. As with many of you, I spent my time reading the TMC threads, getting all fired up. First was the receiving of the reservation number a couple of months after the deposit (P-83), then the factory event in October, 2011 with a test drive, then June, 2012 the Get Amped test drive, then "Finalize Your Paperwork" in July, 2012, and finally the interminable period in the Fall, 2012 getting assorted false starts on delivery, until finally delivery on November 29, 2012. During the 9 months prior to delivery I obsessed on a trip in December from Napa, Ca to our winter place in Tucson, AZ. Excel spreadsheets aplenty. And then the big day of the trip, December 27, 2012. 3 days, 3 Superchargers, 1 KOA campground, and 1 Tesla store later I arrived in Tucson, with 7 miles rated range remaining. I was exhilarated! But the long wait, the anticipation, the planning was over. And now I'm in Arizona with a wonderful car in the garage and no where to go! So today I started the planning for the return trip in May. That will become my current obsession. Current thinking is to go by way of La Quinta, then San Luis Obispo, then Napa. Can't wait!